touchscreen calibration

rm16bb16

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with screens calibration for texting? I am always misspelling words and its getting very annoying. i almost have to press below the letter i want to type in order to get it right. especially the space bar, it almost always the letter "b" instead. Is there a way of calibrating the touch screen? ive searched all the settings and found nothing.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use Swiftkey and have not had any problems. Those stock letters were too small for my big hands.

If you think you are having problems with the touchscreen you can enable "Show Touches" in Developer Options.

You might not have Developer Options enabled, but if you go to Settings>About Phone and tap the Build Number a bunch of time it will be unlocked.

Then you can go to Settings>Developer Options>and put the checkbox on for "Show Touches". Then you can press on the screen and see where it thinks you are, could have a bad phone.

Last edited:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
What Sydman said. I use Swiftkey as well and love it. The show touches is a good way to see where you are. I don't think there is any option for calibrate screen, but there should be. Another solution may be to visit your friendly neighborhood optometrist...make sure your eyes aren't lying to you. :wink:

OP
R

rm16bb16

Reaction score
I followed the steps and turned on show touches and it seems it is a bit off. Guess ill have to take it to verizon or accept it the way it is. thanks for help!