Calibrate/Align the screen?

logandbrown

Reaction score
Is there a way to calibrate or align the screen, as with windows mobile devices? I feel that the touch interaction is slightly off where I want it to be, especially while trying to select text.

So is there a way to re-zero and calibrate or align the touch screen?

Braeth1

Reaction score
Screen Allignment

I am having the same problem. It seems that when i am typing on either virtual keyboard it never get just one letter. Do we know of any way to re-align/calubrate the screen. It worked great out of the box.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Clean the screen (or screen protector) of any contaminents.

Capacitive Screens work on proximity and electrical impluse (not touch like a resistive screen) and do not get calibrated like a resistive screen.

Braeth1

Reaction score
I have the screen protector on that came with the phone (the original packaging cover). It worked fine for the first couple of weeks. How come when we first started the phone it asked you to tap on the screen in specific locations? How do you protect the screen without loosing the touch?

JayMonster

Reaction score
I have the screen protector on that came with the phone (the original packaging cover). It worked fine for the first couple of weeks. How come when we first started the phone it asked you to tap on the screen in specific locations? How do you protect the screen without loosing the touch?

Buy a pack of the actual screen protectors available in the store. The protector you are using was intended for shipping purposes and not really for day to day use. Though in theory it should work because capacitive screens only require "near" touch and not physical contact, dirt may cause the sensor to pick up a phantom contact as your finger goes over it. (like I said... in theory)

When you first start your Droid it also said you could adjust the sensitivity settings (which are absent). I think somebody set this up like a resistive screen, which is why it sends you looking for non-existent settings. Similar with the touch "configuration" that shouldn't be necessary.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i've found that, coming from resistive screens, i had to adjust MY touch accuracy. i had no idea how much i compensated for resistive "suck." because the screen depresses, you are far less accurate than with a capacitive.

JayMonster

Reaction score
i've found that, coming from resistive screens, i had to adjust MY touch accuracy. i had no idea how much i compensated for resistive "suck." because the screen depresses, you are far less accurate than with a capacitive.

In general that is true, but in some cases (especially web screens) where links are sometimes very small and not made for capacitive, it can *seem* like the opposite is true.

Since capacitive is "near touch" technology, you may get a "touch" on your way to actually touching what you want to press on, thus giving the appearance that the screen is not accurate.

But really, you point is right on, coming from resistive to capacitive, it take a little patience in getting used to how the new screen technology works.

Silver Member
Reaction score
you know those stupid, tiny little icons in the user CP that takes you to the last post of a thread?? i can hit those with more accuracy on my DROID than I EVERY could on my WinMo phone.

JayMonster

Reaction score
you know those stupid, tiny little icons in the user CP that takes you to the last post of a thread?? i can hit those with more accuracy on my DROID than I EVERY could on my WinMo phone.

Then you have either smaller fingers, or a more steady hand than I do. :)

Silver Member
Reaction score

Then you have either smaller fingers, or a more steady hand than I do. :)
i have a pretty average sized hand. the first think i learned about capacitive screens is to stop using my nail. to hit that button, i try to average where it is and then aim for slightly above it.

i've got about a 90% accuracy rate. lol.