Touchdown not deleting contacts in people

jld0071

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Droid Eris and am waiting on my Droid X. I've been using the native exchange app and am content with it, but not happy a the slowness or lack of notifications for emails unless I go into the app. Having said that, I thought I'd give touchdown a try.

I have downloaded the android 2.0 version and my contacts are syncing great with native people when I add and/or change anything in either outlook or touchdown. However, when I delete a contact from outlook or touchdown they are NOT deleted in people. Has anyone had this issue or know how to get around it?

I really love the email in touchdown, but if I can't resolve this issue it's a no go for me.

Thanks!

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Your wording is confusing me a bit, but it may be cause you have an eris and I have a droid. Go into settings, advanced in TD and make sure the check box "update contact changes to phone" is checked. This makes any changes you make in TD reflect in the contacts on the phone. Works great for me.

OP
J

jld0071

Reaction score
Thanks.. I should have mentioned that I do have that checked. Syncing with Updates, changes and additions all work great, but deleting does not. And to clarify, when I said "people" I was referring to the native contact list on my droid. So, I was testing everything using TD and Outlook and ensuring they got back to the native contact list. As I said, all is great, but deletions do not occur. If something is deleted in outlook or touchdown, it remains in the native contact list and I have to manually delete there a second time.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I just tried it. Deleted a contact with outlook, and then looked in the contact list on my droid about 2 minutes later and it was gone. I am running version 6.1.0007. You may want to check the google group for touchdown where the dev hangs out. He is very good at helping people. Web site is nitrodesk.com. This may be an Eris issue. Sorry I can't help more.

OP
J

jld0071

Reaction score
Thanks! I was checking that group out already and thought I'd see if anyone else had the issue before I went back to post a question there. I'm on the same version. I'll post back the results.