Touch Screen Issues - Under Warranty

chicaangel88

Reaction score
My phone started not responding to touches when I tried answering a phone call on memorial day. Then a few days after that it started freaking out and would act super sensitive and do things on its own (pulling up the menu, pressing keys, starting apps). It would go off and on and then here recently dead spot started happening on my touch screen where it wouldn't respond to my touches.

I got this phone back in march so it is still under warranty I would imagine. I also have insurance on it. Would it be something the warranty would cover or will I have to file a claim? I don't think it has any water damage. I haven't gotten any water on it, just normal wear and tear from everyday use. Maybe a little sweat? My issue is I've had this happen to another phone and they told me it had water damage and I had to file a claim and I had no proof otherwise. Can anyone help?

JCo352

Reaction score
Just look under your battery cover to see if there is any water damage, if not then I would call Motorola.

OP
C

chicaangel88

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is going to sound stupid. But how do I know for certain by checking the back. What am I looking for?

roberj13

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is going to sound stupid. But how do I know for certain by checking the back. What am I looking for?

There is a little circle mm above the battery it should have little pink plus signs or hash marks, if it has gotten wet the circle will just be pink..

My phone has just started doing the same thing...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Get your phone replaced asap. I had the same issues months ago and didnt do anything about it. Now I have a dead spot on the screen where it is not touch sensitive. Never got it wet or anything either, probably just bad phones?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Get your phone replaced asap. I had the same issues months ago and didnt do anything about it. Now I have a dead spot on the screen where it is not touch sensitive. Never got it wet or anything either, probably just bad phones?

Why haven't you tried to get a replacement under your 1 year warranty? Least give it a try!

sbursik

Reaction score
I just took mine into the VZW store for the same issue. They sent me a refurb. Just make sure if you're rooted to return it to stock before you take it up there or send in your old one.

tubwater

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same problem with my Moto Droid. Can't answer calls or navigate. At times it just takes off opening apps or screens on its own or it locks up and will not respond to anything. Then suddenly it's working again. Just noticed I could not type the number 1 from the screen keyboard. No matter how careful I was, the number 2 was returned. Too bad, I've really enjoyed this phone.