[HACKS] [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]

doublea500

Reaction score
Yes. It automatically downloads it from their servers, hashchecks it, extracts it, and flashes it. There is also an option to just point the program to a google factory img package you downloaded yourself and it will take care of the rest.

{{ WugFresh }}

ok thanks for the help wug. i tried using the toolkit on xda to see if it detected the adb and fastboot devices and decided i may as well try to install drivers on that and i fear may have made a mistake doing that. I would really liek to just start with a clean slate if possible. any ideas on what to do for that?

also, so the order of buttons to do everything, download drivers and edit system path, root and unlock, and install a permanent clockwork recover. the button order is (tell me if this is right)

1. drivers
2. system variables
3. unlock
4. root
5. check flash (permanent)
6. recover <<< also, which recovery is this?

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ok thanks for the help wug. i tried using the toolkit on xda to see if it detected the adb and fastboot devices and decided i may as well try to install drivers on that and i fear may have made a mistake doing that. I would really liek to just start with a clean slate if possible. any ideas on what to do for that?

also, so the order of buttons to do everything, download drivers and edit system path, root and unlock, and install a permanent clockwork recover. the button order is (tell me if this is right)

1. drivers
2. system variables
3. unlock
4. root
5. check flash (permanent)
6. recover <<< also, which recovery is this?

All you need to do is configure your drivers, unlock and root.

The root procedure will flash clockworkmod recovery for you.

For info on drivers: WugFresh - Manual Driver Configuration

{{ WugFresh }}

doublea500

Reaction score
You can, its optional.

{{ WugFresh }}

hey wug, so i went over to his house and rooted his phone with your application. it was working perfectly until by accident my leg hit the HUGE power key on his god of a computer. automatically shut off the computer and left the processes in the middle. luckily, it shut off at the time where we already rooted, unlocked, flashed clockwork, and super user. I do believe we missed something from the shutdown. i believe it is the part where the clockwork becomes permanent, so what i did was make the phone go into recovery 2 more times, and each of them went into clockwork, so i am not sure what i am skipping. Any suggestions wug?

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
hey wug, so i went over to his house and rooted his phone with your application. it was working perfectly until by accident my leg hit the HUGE power key on his god of a computer. automatically shut off the computer and left the processes in the middle. luckily, it shut off at the time where we already rooted, unlocked, flashed clockwork, and super user. I do believe we missed something from the shutdown. i believe it is the part where the clockwork becomes permanent, so what i did was make the phone go into recovery 2 more times, and each of them went into clockwork, so i am not sure what i am skipping. Any suggestions wug?

Check for the file recovery-from-boot.p in your /system directory. If its there rename it with a .bak extension with a root file explorer. You could also just enable usb debugging, plug your device in and run the gnexwug_permcwm.exe which resides in the directory:

%HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit\data\

That will run that permanent cwm script I wrote.

From the sound of it, you already have permanent cwm, but running that exe wont hurt. You could also reflash cwm with ROM manager (make sure you have a good connection or just do it over wifi).

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

unger316

Reaction score
hey guys. I was able to to unlock and root my nexus with no problems. but im new to this whole flashing roms and what not. i found a stock 4.0.4 rom last night and tried to flash it but i must of done something wrong. It flashes to the device but when it restarts it gets stuck on the google splash screen. thanks chris

deejinfla

Reaction score
I guess I am techno retarded.......

I have no idea where to start with this toolkit. Can someone give me kindergarten level instructions?

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
Well I feel like a moron, I can not get the drivers configured to unlock my nexus. Its driving me nuts, any help? On Windows 7 64bit

zevoman

Reaction score
Well I feel like a moron, I can not get the drivers configured to unlock my nexus. Its driving me nuts, any help? On Windows 7 64bit
Do you have the Android SDK installed and the paths are correct? I also have Windows 7 64bit and other than some path problems to the adb exe, I was able to run the tool fine.

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
Never mind figured it out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
I honestly don't know what the issue was. I made sure everything was correct and it was but nothing would happen. I literally just left it all alone for about 20 min ( I was at work) and came back to it and hit enter and it unlocked. Not a damn clue.

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in and say this toolkit rescued my phone from a goofy boot loop problem. Well... it was my fault for renaming my backups. I didn't know.

Anyhow, I borked up my rom and started bootlooping, but clockwork was giving me md5 errors on every one of my backups because I had renamed them. I couldn't boot into android to enable USB debugging for adb. I had nothing bootable on my phone and no way to get it there.

Wugs was able to flash stock for me anyhow. Sadly I lost root and my SD card. But at least I fixed the phone and can start over. Good stuff, this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Edit for spelling

papatar

Reaction score
If I have superuser in my app drawer does that guarantee i did WUG's process correctly. I have the toolkit on my desktop but something just doesn't seem right. Should I go through the whole process again to be sure. I have clockwork but cant get into recovery using the volume/power method and had trouble trying to flash sorcery rom. thanks for any help