[HACKS] [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If I have superuser in my app drawer does that guarantee i did WUG's process correctly. I have the toolkit on my desktop but something just doesn't seem right. Should I go through the whole process again to be sure. I have clockwork but cant get into recovery using the volume/power method and had trouble trying to flash sorcery rom. thanks for any help

Check to see if you have BusyBox installed, if not install it from market. If you do, open it and see if your binaries are updated.

papatar

Reaction score
thanks johnnyb. busybox was not installed but it is now. i do have to admit that i'm lost as to checking my binary updates

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If u just installed it, you should be up to date. Just to make sure, open it up and it will tell you what version you have installed, and what version is available to install. They should be the same! Then retry your root apps and see if you have more success!

Also, make sure you are pressing both volume buttons with the power button. Or open terminal emulator and type
su
reboot recovery

Or choose reboot to recovery from ROM Manager

Last edited:

bluehawaii

Reaction score
I tried a lot of times. The program just doesn't work. I hit the drivers button and the Samsung driver was installed automatically. After that nothing happened. The instruction says wait to be prompted before plugging. But just nothing happened. And the program kind of froze, there is no response when i hit any buttons.
Please help me with this. Thanks.

Last edited:

bluehawaii

Reaction score
OK, the problem solved. I hit the system variables,then hit the number 1. And connected my GN to computer and everything is ok now.

papatar

Reaction score
johnnyb. in reply to your suggestion of holding both volumes and power, that was one of the things that made me wonder if i had rooted correctly. the only was i could get into recovery was thru rom manager. i could not get there using the volume and power buttons.

Reaction score
for any linux user trying to use this sorry if this was already discussed but download and install wine compatablity layer. Relatively easy to set up everythinh looks in working conditon although cant test because i dont have my nexus yet

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Well good news I got my computer back up an running...long story short...never lend your only laptop to a friend who will click on any link that looks like something interesting...anyway....is this guide a complete walk through an all I need is this one download?

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Ok well i tried to install the drivers an it read failed a few times. then i clicked install drivers again and it said the drivers are already installed. View attachment 49355< thats the image i got the first time i tried to install

dakota0206

Reaction score
You have to uninstall all related drivers. There is something conflicting.

I have some troubleshooting steps here.

[URLhttp://thesuperusersguide.weebly.com/wugfreshs-toolkit-method.html[/URL]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You have to uninstall all related drivers. There is something conflicting.

I have some troubleshooting steps here.

[URLhttp://thesuperusersguide.weebly.com/wugfreshs-toolkit-method.html[/URL]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

That's a really good troubleshooting guide. Thanks for putting that together.

{{ WugFresh }}

agnes

Reaction score
Hello i was searching for a simple guide version of rooting. May i ask if it's advisable to root my device if i have absolutely no idea on anything about rooting or what i should do after rooting? Can this help me with it?
I just wanted to use titanium back up for my games app and games' data.

trini.s2k

Reaction score
this is so freaking awesome thank you so much i just got the gnex today , and everything i looked at i was lost in trying to figure out how to root and this is awesome helps so much thank you very much

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OP updated with Version 1.4. Enjoy!

{{ WugFresh }}

zero7404

Reaction score
after being a long time droid user i'm finally migrating to the galaxy nexus ... been looking around at how to root the g-nex, i can do the manual method but this toolkit looks like an all-in-one bootloader unlock and root. does this toolkit do the same thing as what's described in the superuser guide ? :

How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Galaxy Nexus [Windows] - The SuperUser's Guide

i have a few questions about the toolkit, does it install the correct and latest samsung drivers (in initial setup) or do i have to dl the drivers separately ? also, when i root, should i or shouldn't i select permanent cwm ? if i don't, would i be able to install Rom Manager once i've rooted and booted up the phone ? as for the flashing back to stock and relocking, would it work if i had rooted + permanent cwm ? last question, will this toolkit work with Android 4.0.4 as well as 4.1 ?

i'm not looking to rom the phone, just unlock and root it while running vanilla android.

sorry for all the questions, the g-nex is a different animal and rooting is different compared to the methods i used on the droid/droid 2/droid X.