[HACKS] [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]

MikeyDroid

Reaction score
ROM Manager

Wugfresh, I just noticed that under the ROM Manager/Check for ROM Updates it states "Your ROM is not set up to receive OTA Updates. Please contact the ROM developer". Is this to be expected? What does it mean? What should my next move be?

Thanks for your time and effort...

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wugfresh, I just noticed that under the ROM Manager/Check for ROM Updates it states "Your ROM is not set up to receive OTA Updates. Please contact the ROM developer". Is this to be expected? What does it mean? What should my next move be?

Thanks for your time and effort...

ROM manager is an interface for independent developers to publish their ROMs and push their updates over the air (OTA). You are not on a custom ROM I presume, there for you would not be receiving OTA's through ROM manager. The ROM developer in your case is google. You can still receive OTAs from google, however you would need to reflash stock recovery... but that isn't really necessary since google releases all factory img packages to http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html which you can flash with my toolkit.. making stock OTAs unnecessary altogether.

{{ WugFresh }}

Skygazr

Reaction score
Thanks, WugFresh. That was very helpful. I have the correct drivers installed now. Got my phone in fastboot mode. I did get a messasge on my phone's screen when I tried to check if an adb device was connected. It reads: "fastboot command read error -2147483647". I really thought I was making progress until this. Do you know if this error message related to something I did incorrectly? Thanks for your guideance and patience.

Rick

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, WugFresh. That was very helpful. I have the correct drivers installed now. Got my phone in fastboot mode. I did get a messasge on my phone's screen when I tried to check if an adb device was connected. It reads: "fastboot command read error -2147483647". I really thought I was making progress until this. Do you know if this error message related to something I did incorrectly? Thanks for your guideance and patience.

Rick

Try a different USB port.

{{ WugFresh }}

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Thanks Wug-o-Fresh!

I ran into a problem when I was trying to backup data + apps, and even trying to drag folders from the Nexus to my computer, turns out that I had EasyTether still enabled. When I disabled EasyTether, I was then able to do all my backing up. Just in case someone else runs into this problem.

Last edited:
OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Wug-o-Fresh!

I ran into a problem when I was trying to backup data + apps, and even trying to drag folders from the Nexus to my computer, turns out that I had EasyTether still enabled. When I disabled EasyTether, I was then able to do all my backing up. Just in case someone else runs into this problem.

Thanks for the info! Glad it worked for you!

{{ WugFresh }}

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
Wug, you kick ass. I've had my nexus all of two days now and its all ready unlocked and rooted, and just waiting to be rommed! Thank you very much for all your work in this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

humercedes

Reaction score
Out of nowhere last night, my phone reset itself and then the google logo came up with a slight vibration (like ususal when it starts up) but instead of moving onto the colorful animation and then to the phone itself powered up, it just keeps looping in the google screen. It says google, vibrates, goes black then says google, vibrates, and on an on until you pull the battery out. I went into developer mode by pressing the power button and the two volume keys and tried going into recovery mode but it did nothing. I called google and samsung and neither can figure it out. I downloaded the software from post 1 to help me unlock and reset the phone, but there are no drivers for the GT-I9250 only the CDMA american version the SCH-I515 which is not compatible. Since my computer cannot find the phone due to a lack of driver availability, I am unable to unlock and remount it. Please help me I have been without a phone for a few days and I have no idea how to get it on. This phone was $850 this is unacceptable! I am in the USA by the way.

aramos87

Reaction score
I have a question if I may.. I recently flashed the 4.0.4 zip with the new radios and everything that came with it ( which I think was a new boot loader too). Could I still use this wonderful tool to flash back to 100% stock and locked? When and if I wanted to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
I have a question if I may.. I recently flashed the 4.0.4 zip with the new radios and everything that came with it ( which I think was a new boot loader too). Could I still use this wonderful tool to flash back to 100% stock and locked? When and if I wanted to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

kevin1016

Reaction score
I'm running 4.0.4 and used this root toolkit to unlock and root. Every step of the process goes fine, no problems. However, Titanium backup says it can't access root. Any ideas?