[HACKS] [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I'm running 4.0.4 and used this root toolkit to unlock and root. Every step of the process goes fine, no problems. However, Titanium backup says it can't access root. Any ideas?

Are you sure you are rooted? Have the Superuser app in your drawer?

Download another app, like say https://market.android.com/details?id=jackpal.androidterm <-- terminal emulator. Open it and type su if a popup comes up, click allow. If there is no popup, you aren't rooted.

If you do have the superuser app and the terminal emulator is allowed root permissions, open up Superuser and see if titanium backup is blocked.

kevin1016

Reaction score
Are you sure you are rooted? Have the Superuser app in your drawer?

Download another app, like say https://market.android.com/details?id=jackpal.androidterm <-- terminal emulator. Open it and type su if a popup comes up, click allow. If there is no popup, you aren't rooted.

If you do have the superuser app and the terminal emulator is allowed root permissions, open up Superuser and see if titanium backup is blocked.
Permission is denied. So, apparently I'm not rooted. However, the root toolkit goes through the whole root process with no problems?

kevin1016

Reaction score
I just flashed back to stock 4.0.2 and then used the toolkit to unlock and root. Everything works fine now. It's odd that it won't work on 4.0.4. 4.0.4 isn't worth the headache since I don't have any issues on 4.0.2.

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just flashed back to stock 4.0.2 and then used the toolkit to unlock and root. Everything works fine now. It's odd that it won't work on 4.0.4. 4.0.4 isn't worth the headache since I don't have any issues on 4.0.2.

You need to flash a modded su.zip for 4.0.4 - http://goo-inside.me/devs/WugFresh/Miscellaneous/su.zip

You could boot into clockwork and flash that. Or replace the su.zip that is currently in the package with that one and run through the root process again.

It resides here:
%HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit\data\su.zip

Version 1.4 of my program will include this... but for now, the above solution will work.

{{ WugFresh }}

kevin1016

Reaction score
You need to flash a modded su.zip for 4.0.4 - Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading su.zip

You could boot into clockwork and flash that. Or replace the su.zip that is currently in the package with that one and run through the root process again.

It resides here:
%HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit\data\su.zip

Version 1.4 of my program will include this... but for now, the above solution will work.

{{ WugFresh }}
That worked. Thanks!

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Dude, this program is spectacular! Thank you so much for developing it!

doublea500

Reaction score
anyone have a mirror to an older version? wug left out the sdk setup in the newest and id like to make it as easy as possible for my friend to get set up.

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
anyone have a mirror to an older version? wug left out the sdk setup in the newest and id like to make it as easy as possible for my friend to get set up.

Just because the full sdk is removed, this version still allows you to use adb and fastboot from the cmd line for manual usage. Just use the system variables button to update your systems path environmental variable.

{{ WugFresh }}

doublea500

Reaction score
Just because the full sdk is removed, this version still allows you to use adb and fastboot from the cmd line for manual usage. Just use the system variables button to update your systems path environmental variable.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks for the reply! My friend does not have the sdk set up at all. so his computer doesnt even read adb and fastboot as a command since there is nothing the path can be set too because the folder its supposed to be set to does not exist.

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! My friend does not have the sdk set up at all. so his computer doesnt even read adb and fastboot as a command since there is nothing the path can be set too because the folder its supposed to be set to does not exist.

You are not understanding me. Adb and fastboot are included in my program. When you use the system variables button it updates the path the proper subdir of my program that contains those tools.

{{ WugFresh }}

doublea500

Reaction score
You are not understanding me. Adb and fastboot are included in my program. When you use the system variables button it updates the path the proper subdir of my program that contains those tools.

{{ WugFresh }}

i see what you mean now. it changes to the path to the tools in your folder rather then setting up the whole sdk which takes up alot more space.

bdub33

Reaction score
Do I need to download the drivers separate from the toolkit?

Sent from my Speak'n'Spell

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
so the does the method you used to unroot in the toolkit uses googles img files?

Yes. It automatically downloads it from their servers, hashchecks it, extracts it, and flashes it. There is also an option to just point the program to a google factory img package you downloaded yourself and it will take care of the rest.

{{ WugFresh }}