Told Rebate was invalid

brianr0131

Reaction score
Go return it TODAY. It's your 30th day. After they reinstate your "2 year upgrade eligibility" order it from the VZW Website for 199.....or go to Sears or somewhere else online and you can find it as low as $50.

You may incur a $35 restocking fee, not sure there.

I don't recommend ever going to the store to buy. I always order online. When I do so and I have issues I can always get the phone replaced with a phone call as opposed to a trip to the store to "prove" my issue to an often clueless "tech". Also, when ordering online you get the rebate instantly.

Sorry for your issue. I bet if you scream enough they'll just credit the $100 to your account. Make it clear to them over the phone that you plan on returning the phone TODAY if they don't resolve your issue NOW.

He can't. When you cut the barcode off the box to send in for your rebate, you can't return the phone. That stinks. I had no problem getting 3 Verizon rebates processed and the Visa cards sent to me. I did send them in within a couple of weeks of purchase though.

Gotcha. This gives the OP a pretty good argument though as well. "I had to be sure I liked the phone before I mailed the form in, since by cutting the barcode off I am giving up my return rights"

Call cust serv and ask for a supervisor if you're not happy with the answers. When you're talking to someone with a little authority (hopefully) point out that Sears has the phone for 50 bucks blah blah blah..... you should be fine. I bet they'll credit your account $100

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
nerdbox08 - "sarcasm" is really not appreciated nor appropriate on these forums.

Then I hope you go back over every other thread with sarcasm and make sure to chastise those people too, don't forget mods and admins while you're at it.

:)

Actually cuskit is right..... It's really not needed. And only tolerated to a point.

brianr0131

Reaction score
REBATE UPDATE:

I finally dug up a number to call directly to the rebate center. They explained that the form I had gotten from the Verizon store was outdated.

Quite often during busy periods the stores will preprint the rebate forms. It just so happened that I had gotten an old form with an invalid rebate period on it.

After calling, they just corrected it over the phone and my $100 is in the mail.

Nice end to the story. Good work.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
REBATE UPDATE:

I finally dug up a number to call directly to the rebate center. They explained that the form I had gotten from the Verizon store was outdated.

Quite often during busy periods the stores will preprint the rebate forms. It just so happened that I had gotten an old form with an invalid rebate period on it.

After calling, they just corrected it over the phone and my $100 is in the mail.
can you post that phone number in case I need it?

-=Jason=-

cuskit

Reaction score
REBATE UPDATE:

can you post that phone number in case I need it?

-=Jason=-

Jason - see here https://www.yourwirelessrebatecenter.com/promocenter/verizonwireless/index.jsp

This is the official VZW Rebate Online Center. You can file for rebate here, track it, or use the "contact us" button to get the 800 number to call and also email them. :) mike

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mike thanks for that I'll presubmit when I get home as I do not have the UPC from the box here at work
-=Jason=-

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Mike thanks for that I'll presubmit when I get home as I do not have the UPC from the box here at work
-=Jason=-

Jason, I'm sorry. I was a d-bag.

I would have PMed you, but I felt it was important for the community to see that I understand that I was being unfair.

Please don't hold this against me, it's not the norm. =\

Sincerely,
Alec aka nerdbox08

cuskit

Reaction score
-=Jason=-

Jason, I'm sorry. I was a d-bag.

I would have PMed you, but I felt it was important for the community to see that I understand that I was being unfair.

Please don't hold this against me, it's not the norm. =\

Sincerely,
Alec aka nerdbox08

Spoken like a true gentleman! You show yourself to be of high caliber and solid character. My respect for you has soared! Should have known anyway - you've had a ton of very high quality and positive posts - many here have benefited from your expertise! :) mike

hacku

Reaction score
My procrastination cost me $100... lol

I purchased my phone on 01/02/10 and the rebate offer apparently expired 2/22/10. I have a buddy that works for Verizon so we'll see if he can do something for me. If not, then oh well... lol

twinkie57

Reaction score
My procrastination cost me $100... lol

I purchased my phone on 01/02/10 and the rebate offer apparently expired 2/22/10. I have a buddy that works for Verizon so we'll see if he can do something for me. If not, then oh well... lol

I believe that is when the rebate offer ends, not the day it needs to be received. I purchased mine and my wife's Droid on 2/22, so there is no way that it could have been sent in and accepted on that day. The lady at Verizon said we had until May 5th to postmark the rebates. She did advise us to use the phones for two weeks before even thinking about sending out the rebate forms, due to any issues with the phones we could return them and get something else. After two weeks she said that we could send them out though.

By the way I love this site, I have a new site I check all the time now. Thanks for all of the help you guys have provided so far!

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I got my rebate in form of a Visa Card, it has worked at Lowes, Safeway market. etc they sent it to me probably week and a half ago. no questions asked. I did hand write a note about having a new baby, and being busy and it just slipped my mind. I am not sure if that helped or not but it was worth a shot.

-=Jason=-