Question Re: Sending Defective Droid Back to Verizon

nyijedi

Reaction score
I needed to exchange my Droid with Verizon, and even though I am out of the 30 day return period, the phone representative gave me an option to get a new Droid or a refurbished Droid (the caveat with getting the new Droid was that I'd be charged $325 to my account, get credited $225 upon returning my defective Droid, and get a $100 mail-in rebate). Obviously I chose the new Droid.

My question is whether I'm supposed to (i.e., whether I have to) return all of the accessories back to Verizon with my defective phone. With refurb phones, I know you normally just send the phone w/o the battery, battery cover, sd card etc...any chance I can do that in this situation?

xjman349

Reaction score
You will need to return the USB cable AC adapter and the phone. Thats all. Sounds like a DOA replacment. We will not offer a new device out of the 30 days.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're getting a new in box Droid, you don't keep the back and charger. But only you know if you're getting a Certified Like New (FRU) or not. Just wait until it's delivered to you then you'll know. If you do get the new in box Droid, then yes, you will return everything...charger, SD card, etc.

OP
N

nyijedi

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure it's a brand new Droid - I'll know for sure tomorrow. I wouldn't have minded having an extra battery, but oh well...I guess I shouldn't complain.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure it's a brand new Droid - I'll know for sure tomorrow. I wouldn't have minded having an extra battery, but oh well...I guess I shouldn't complain.
That $325 is collateral for getting the original phone back. If you want the extra battery, it will cost you $325 if you do.

OP
N

nyijedi

Reaction score
That $325 is collateral for getting the original phone back. If you want the extra battery, it will cost you $325 if you do.

Ha. I was kind of hoping that the phone would come with some sort of documentation saying that I should only return the device and not the battery, and then I could just play dumb, but I guess VZW knows better.