Did I get ripped off?

Wildyfz450

Reaction score
I have had a upgrade for a while now since I got my droid, So i got a blackberry ( I know should stay with the droid, I will go back soon). I was looking at two blackberrys The bold and the curve, Online the Curve was free and a refurbished Bold was only 50s. I was told at the store they didn't have any bolds in stock but they can sell me a Curve for 50 I said but online its free, Well he said that he looked it up and didin't see it, Well I was to impatient to wait for it online, So I just got it at the store and it was 149.99 for the phone and A blackberry pda setup fee, with a $100.00 mail in rebate, so it was 50. The thing that really pissed me off is that now verizon doesn't show prices or anything on there phones on display. Well I got the phone went home and I just looked at the recent and everything today for the mail and rebate and it ISNT a verizon recent, It was from "Cellular Cells", Yet this is and always has been a certified verizon store, I thought there was something fishy with the guy that helped me, but didn't pay much attention to it. Also when I look online on the official verizon website it says I have a Smokey violet phone when I had a black one. Now im not sure why the prices where different and what was going on, Is cellular sales a new branch or something launched by verizon?

You went to a certified retailer which is definitely not the same as a Verizon retail store. If I were you I'd return the phone, tell them you want to go back to your original plan, and then go and use your upgrade at a real Verizon retail store. Hopefully you're still in the return window for the store you went to. Good luck!

Most retail stores use a third party rebate company. Verizon official stores do not however. Since you didn't go to an official vzw retailer, u went to an authorized sales center, u get the rebate that that peticular third party uses as a "4th" party rebater. So.... no you didn't get ripped off. You just didn't get the "official" deal. Do as the laster post says if u are not satisfied. Vzw on line and the official vzw stores are the only place you get the real upgrade or new every two. I hope this makes since. I just don want you to lose sleep thinking someone scammed you. It just wasn't a great business transaction. Also, good luck!

This is a Verizon, moto, droid site....that is it...If you want to go baying the niche...then HTC/Samsung forums, and also try some forums that embrace the OS like android central....I love droid forums, but that is all you get....verizon and moto...very limited discussion of google OS....

OP, as Johnly points out this forum focuses on Droids. Perhaps your questions shoule be directed to a BB forum. Good luck!

Mike

Back