to root or not to root

beeholtz

Reaction score
So I was thinking about rooting my phone. Anyone have suggestions of ways you've done it that was successful. I.e. certain programs or software ... Also anyone had issues bricking your phone. Thanks in advance

OP
B

beeholtz

Reaction score
You are correct its a thunderbolt interesting article thanks for the quick replies

OP
B

beeholtz

Reaction score
Only thing that scares me is not being Allowed on their network and basically screwing myself over

Ryukashin

Reaction score
the 3 step method at the top of this sub-forum is pretty easy

Second it I did it a few days ago and it was easy. Just make sure you have the ADB installed before you begin. It takes a while to do but its easy and safe. I really liked this phone when i got it, but after rooting and installing custom rom/kernal I love this phone.

Also there is no problem with the network, if anything my connection has become more stable and consistent.

Last edited:

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Ummm... who listens to/believes P3droid now-a-days?

I recommend doing the manual root. Requires little knowledge beforehand.

Just follow steps. Easy roots are prone to "do this step again".

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score

Umm...what reason would we have not to listen to P3? You are aware of all he's done for this community right?

As for the scare when rooting...just don't steal tether or try to fraudulently place a warranty claim ;)

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Its TwiX

Reaction score

Umm...what reason would we have not to listen to P3? You are aware of all he's done for this community right?

As for the scare when rooting...just don't steal tether or try to fraudulently place a warranty claim ;)

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

You mean selling a unreleased firmware in his GB ROMs for Droid X/2 that Verizon CAN see? Yes I do know. He's covering his ass so that when the people who use his ROM get caught, it will be Verizon's fault not his.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Its TwiX

Reaction score
He's selling stuff? Isn't that just asking for problems?

Don't know the details, but that's what people are saying.

EDIT: I use the word people for a reason. They are not just random people I ask.