to root or not to root

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
Ummm... who listens to/believes P3droid now-a-days?

Umm...what reason would we have not to listen to P3? You are aware of all he's done for this community right?

As for the scare when rooting...just don't steal tether or try to fraudulently place a warranty claim ;)

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Basically just about screwing all of us over, by selling stolen propert? I know now....

Anyway root away. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

NattyBee

Reaction score
He's selling stuff? Isn't that just asking for problems?

No, he has not been selling any roms/firmware. He sells the Team Black Hat app, which allows easy access to the GB roms, among many other things including the TranQ roms and the sbf files that have helped many folks save their devices....BUT everything offered in that app is always offered free on the site...
Trust me, I know P3, he is NOT what certain slander has made him out to be. You thibk VZW can see when you run GB? What P3 has stated, is that VZW can see who roots, and has been able to do so since long before GB leak....it's just that with the GB leak they have fixed the tether theft issue...you peole make this out to be s big scary debate/situation and you make P3 out to be some big bad villain when in fact he works very hard to help this community.

NattyBee

Reaction score

Umm...what reason would we have not to listen to P3? You are aware of all he's done for this community right?

As for the scare when rooting...just don't steal tether or try to fraudulently place a warranty claim ;)

Basically just about screwing all of us over, by selling stolen propert? I know now....

Anyway root away. :)

This is false information.

NattyBee

Reaction score

You mean selling a unreleased firmware in his GB ROMs for Droid X/2 that Verizon CAN see? Yes I do know. He's covering his ass so that when the people who use his ROM get caught, it will be Verizon's fault not his.

More false information

TheTyler0013

Reaction score

You mean selling a unreleased firmware in his GB ROMs for Droid X/2 that Verizon CAN see? Yes I do know. He's covering his ass so that when the people who use his ROM get caught, it will be Verizon's fault not his.

More false information

How so...

NattyBee

Reaction score

More false information

How so...

Read post #17...

Jolly

Reaction score
Let me clear something up right now. P3Droid isn't selling Firmware whoever said that is liar and they are the ones you shouldn't be listening to. And as for his post he was sharing information with the community to make people aware of actions being taken by carriers and Manufacturers to prevent dishonest people from taking advantage of the system. Now for those of you saying he is selling stolen Firmware please educate yourself before running around spreading ludicrous gossip about a member of this community that has done more in one day for the advancement of Android than you will ever do. It's really funny someone saying who listens to P3Droid anymore Droid Life for one and a lot of the more educated members of this community. And it seems to me the people who are scared to root either took the information out of context or they are the ones guilty of unauthorized tethering.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Thankyou, Jolly.

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
So u personally no p3 and what he would and wouldn't do?

Jolly

Reaction score
So u personally no p3 and what he would and wouldn't do?

Yes and I know the facts which you obviously don't and should stop spread rumors and slandering people when you are ignorant to the truth.

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
I am seeing what I have been reading. I can admit when I am wrong. Point me in the right direction. But this has all caused a HUGE break in the community. If VZW had been able to tell when were rooted why has nothing been done, and why now after something he was associated with is pulled from market?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
It seems obvious that this is to "get back" at Verizon from what I can tell. I'm a big fan of P3 ever since I had my OG Droid. I don't know... based on Apple's past and what not, Verizon going after rooters seems to me to be a lot of effort for nothing. If we're such a small community, don't they have better things to do?

I've rooted, and if I can't root my phones to get rid of force fed advertisement that makes my phone barely usable, I'll go to a company that doesn't (Apple).

P3Droid

Reaction score
I don't normally reply to post such as this, really this type of B.S. is below me so I've come to post this to tell anyone jumping to my defense that there is no need to.

Remember that when you engage in a discussion with fools, anyone looking at the conversation can not tell which of you is the fool.

So let it go, let them hate, we all know what is real and what is not. What puts a smile on my face is they will ***** and *****, but they will also use what ever TBH puts out.

So let us all leave this thread so that onlookers know who the fools are.

Last edited:

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Don't forget that u can track illegal tethering on the iPhone and only at&t is doing something about it .. that's not to say Verizon won't .. probably just not a big enough problem yet ..

I rooted using the 1 click method .. u just have to make sure u do some research before hand and make sure u follow the steps 1 by 1

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
I don't normally reply to post such as this, really this type of B.S. is below me so I've come to post this to tell anyone jumping to my defense that there is no need to.

Remember that when you engage in a discussion with fools, anyone looking at the conversation can not tell which of you is the fool.

So let it go, let them hate, we all know what is real and what is not. What puts a smile on my face is they will ***** and *****, but they will also use what ever TBH puts out.

So let us all leave this thread so that onlookers know who the fools are.

Agreed bud and I'm glad you commented prior to me getting in here to reply. With that said I will respect your wishes and let the fools be the fools.

However I must comment on the FACT you are an upfront and honest guy that has greatly assisted the Android community and with no further ado we should all send you a Thanks. And with that said THANK YOU for all you efforts and input. My other concern is as you said FOOLS start spreading TOTALLY inaccurate information that are down right lies, specially about someone like yourself who has helped us all in the Android community.