Best way to root my t-bolt?

toorima

Reaction score
I am new to the android market, bought a thunderbolt and wish to root it. I have seen about 10+ videos for the best new way to root my phone. I was wondering, is there anyone one way that people have had the most success with?

Also, is it worth rooting? Like I said I am new and am not certain of the benefits of doing so. Please help, and thanks in advance!

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I would recommend reading and reading and reading some more before proceeding. Yes, rooting is way worth it, but the ppl who jump in without research are the ones who mess up their phone and don't know how to fix it.

There are a lot of "easy" rooting methods out for the thunderbolt now, but they're all based on the original method using a program called adb (android debug bridge) on the computer. I recommend going with the original method by team AndIRC. That way if you have an issue you know where it was in the process. You can't say that about the automated methods that take it from 7 steps down to 3. It may seem hard when you first look at it , but watch the videos and follow along and its easy.

Either way, read around here, androidpolice.com, Cra-developers.com, and thunderboltforums.com before doing anything. If you have problems finding the answers to your questions, pm me and I can point you toward some resources.

Good luck!

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk