Thunderbolt

Propaganda

Reaction score
I recently got a Thunderbolt. Simply put, I have an MP3 file that is in my music folder and sometimes its not. So my theory is that maybe app killer is shutting down a service that loads my SD card where the file sits. Or something else?

Does my data, contacts, music, photos, save to my SD card by default?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Your contacts are synced to your gmail but can be exported to your sd card if you wish. You should also uninstall the task killer, it isn't needed in the Android OS.
Btw, welcome to DroidForums!

This thread has been Thunder struck!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Your contacts are synced to your gmail but can be exported to your sd card if you wish. You should also uninstall the task killer, it isn't needed in the Android OS.

The default contact type is saved to the phone on the thunderbolt, not google synced accounts. One thing I noticed when a new contact wasn't in my gmail account. Sim card is also another option.

+1 for dumping the task killer. It's not needed.

OP
P

Propaganda

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. So let me dive deeper in. So you say I can backup to my SD card if i wish. How would I do that or know that has been done? I know on the Privacy setting when I check "backup my settings" it says that's backup to Google servers.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

The default contact type is saved to the phone on the thunderbolt, not google synced accounts. One thing I noticed when a new contact wasn't in my gmail account. Sim card is also another option.

+1 for dumping the task killer. It's not needed.

That just means that your gmail had not synced that contact. In Accounts & Sync > Google, it has contacts listed.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Contacts > Menu > Import/Export > Export To SD

Whit66

Reaction score
I just got my Thunderbolt yesterday, so it is new to me. I noticed you stated to save your contacts to you SD Card is that the best way store all contact? If so why?

Thanks

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does my data, contacts, music, photos, save to my SD card by default?
Data (including contacts) is in internal storage by default, not the SD card.

I noticed you stated to save your contacts to you SD Card is that the best way store all contact?
"Best" is meaningless unless you qualify exactly what you mean (regardless of topic). The SD card isn't available when mounted so it's not best if access to contacts is required while the SD card is mounted. It would help if you specify what you're looking to accomplish.

Whit66

Reaction score
I thought I did specify, but from your comment I guess I did not!

jaybuc

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt is in Transit :) I can wait to open the box and get my hands on it...Top 5 things to do when I get it booted up?? Please advise....