Thunderbolt Release Date

islanddroid

Reaction score
Any idea when Thunderbolt will be available? Upgrade is available and the Storm sucks hard!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
no exact date, but best bet is Q1. I believe Verizon conference is tomorrow, so maybe they'll announce then?

honex97

Reaction score
i wish they would hurry up and announce it because i need to get a new phone and right now i have no date to look forward to. at least if i knew the release date i would have a date to look forward to and its annoying because this phone was announced Jan 6th and still has no release date or price but the iPhone on Verizon was announced Jan 11th and already has a release date and price. i hate that. i need a new phone so bad Ive been tempted to just get the incredible

electric6

Reaction score
i wish they would hurry up and announce it because i need to get a new phone and right now i have no date to look forward to. at least if i knew the release date i would have a date to look forward to and its annoying because this phone was announced Jan 6th and still has no release date or price but the iPhone on Verizon was announced Jan 11th and already has a release date and price. i hate that. i need a new phone so bad Ive been tempted to just get the incredible

some are anticipating a late January release(27th). If it does not release then, it won't be out till march, because February is nothing but iphone. If in march, it will likely be around st patties day. So if nothing my feb 1, either get a dinc or wait till march.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
some are anticipating a late January release(27th). If it does not release then, it won't be out till march, because February is nothing but iphone. If in march, it will likely be around st patties day. So if nothing my feb 1, either get a dinc or wait till march.

Yeah, makes sense...that gives them 2-3 weeks before the IPhone starts arriving. Still a bit short.

Depends. The other phones don't sound like they are coming out until April, possibly May. That would be a long dead period, even with the IPhone. I say most likely IPhone in Feb for 4-6 weeks, then the Thunderbolt for 4-6 weeks, then something else...

Another possibility is VZW will want the Thunderbolt to go head-to-head with the Atrix (which is supposed to be out soon?) , maybe even book-end with the Bionic...Logic being "you want an Android AT&T guy? check out these LTE Android devices"

VZW has maybe 8 high-end handsets coming this year? Only makes sense they'll space them out and try to give each @ 6 weeks, give or take.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

You might also consider picking up a OG Droid on EBAY if you can find one for @ $200. Rooted it's still a good phone, and might tide you over for 6 months until the phone you really want comes out. Then you could always recover a decent amount of your money if you decide to sell it, or it makes a nice backup/wifi device/bedside alarm/clock, or even MP3 player.

Just loaded BB 0.6.1 (gingerbread) on my D1 and it seems rock solid. We'll see if it starts to slow down in a few days but this may last me another 6 months until a true LTE beast comes out.