Thunderbolt on a 1 year contract?

jogo21

Reaction score
Decided that I wouldn't wait for the Bionic and jump on TB on a 1 year contract. But I'm reading in other forums (nothing official) that Verizon 4g phones wouldn't be available for purchase on 1 year contracts. I believe that also applies to the iphone. If so, back to the drawing board. Anyone have any info on this?

droidhop

Reaction score
I heard thunderbolt pricing was only 249.99 for a two year

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

rage151

Reaction score
I have been with VZW for 8yrs, 1yr contract at a time. I can't imagine they would isolate 4g phones to a 2yr contract. I can see the agreement with Apple making iphone contracts 2yr, but no others. Hope I am wrong or I will have to rethink my relationship w/VZW.

I'm with OP - anyone have more info on this?

leonozug

Reaction score
I believe that only applies to Best Buy. Best Buy is only offering two year contracts. I cannot see Verizon not offering a one year option like they always have.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

EgooEspada

Reaction score
You should be able to. Only reason the iPhone isn't available on a 2 year contract is because the annual cycle for the iPhone releases. Apple doesn't want Verizon customers to be able to get a new iPhone every year for cheaper. All other Verizon phones will be available with 1 year contracts as far as I can tell.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't see VZW removing the 1 yr option... but it also wouldn't surprise me either. Apple does have their claws dug in...

As mentioned... can anyone confirm/deny 4G phones available on 1 yr contracts?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Called a CSR and they awill be offering a 1 year deal but for the thunderbolt it will probably by around 349 for a 1 year deal.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Called a CSR and they awill be offering a 1 year deal but for the thunderbolt it will probably by around 349 for a 1 year deal.

$100 more for a 1yr?

come on VZW, stop the gouging.

what happened to $70 more?

not to mention retail is astronomical on these things now. $749!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^ that was a guesstimate.

OP
J

jogo21

Reaction score
4g better be blazing fast. I want it to do what I'm thinking to justify increases. The good news is that it appears they will be offering phone on a 1 year contract. The bad news is the price increase. Hopefully phone is worth it. Don't mind paying for it if it's truly worth it. But if it's just a slight increase over predecessor then I also expect a slight increase in price. We'll just wait and see.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ that was a guesstimate.

i know... I haven't seen anything official either.

i heard $329, which seems fitting, a $10 increase for the 1 yr price on a 4G device over the 3G devices.

we'll have to wait and see once VZW finally decides to sell this device.

I saw the TB has root access gained already.... big selling point for me.

I'm still leaning toward the Bionic but the GB leak for the DX isn't even root-able yet and I'm not willing to buy an unroot-able Android device... I'd assume any Moto device running that software won't be rootable if that's the case... and the Bionic, if not released with GB, would have it soon.