Htc Thunderbolt 1-year contract Verizon online

rage151

Reaction score
I called two local stores and neither of them knew anything about the 1-year contract price or release date. Anyone else have any input?
That is what everyone is trying to figure out. They didn't give you a 2yr price either, right?

OP
B

bladerealm124

Reaction score
Nope. Not a 2 year price, 1 year price, or release date. It's ridiculous that this information hasn't been finalized or released yet.

swade8

Reaction score
This has got to be like, Verizon's biggest secreted phone ever.. I've never heard of a device taken so long to be released from when it was first brought out into the public's eye by verizon.. has there been any other phone that seems like it's been a huge secret. it's like it's confidential or something like that.

OP
B

bladerealm124

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Verizon typically handles 1-year contracts? I'm assuming they aren't available online since I haven't seen any links for them on their site. However, I've heard they're available in stores and typically $70-80 more than the 2-year price. Is this always true? I'm planning on signing up for a new family plan in which I'd purchase the Thunderbolt as the main line and 2 basic feature phones for my parents, probably the LG Accolade which is free with a 2-year contract. Does this mean that those 2 phones will be $70-$80 each plus the price of the Thunderbolt which will probably be $320-$400 with a 1-year contract?

rage151

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Verizon typically handles 1-year contracts? I'm assuming they aren't available online since I haven't seen any links for them on their site. However, I've heard they're available in stores and typically $70-80 more than the 2-year price. Is this always true? I'm planning on signing up for a new family plan in which I'd purchase the Thunderbolt as the main line and 2 basic feature phones for my parents, probably the LG Accolade which is free with a 2-year contract. Does this mean that those 2 phones will be $70-$80 each plus the price of the Thunderbolt which will probably be $320-$400 with a 1-year contract?
It is right there on their site. Just click Pricing for 1yr instead of 2yr.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the past a 1yr contract meant $70 more for the device.

But seeing as how the 2yr price has gone from an average of $199 to (still not official) $299 for the TB... I'm sure we'll likely see an increase from the $70 difference. I'd guess that VZW will be asking around $400 for 1yr for the device.

Why is the Atrix on AT&T priced at $199 for a 2yr yet VZW sees they can get away with charging $100 more for new devices? Because it's LTE? What a crock...

They are flat out taking advantage of their customers because they know they have the best coverage and most of us won't leave VZW because we can't sacrifice service.

kmcgill88

Reaction score

But seeing as how the 2yr price has gone from an average of $199 to (still not official) $299 for the TB... I'm sure we'll likely see an increase from the $70 difference. I'd guess that VZW will be asking around $400 for 1yr for the device.

Why is the Atrix on AT&T priced at $199 for a 2yr yet VZW sees they can get away with charging $100 more for new devices? Because it's LTE? What a crock...

They are flat out taking advantage of their customers because they know they have the best coverage and most of us won't leave VZW because we can't sacrifice service.

Fact.

I've also heard $70 more for a one yr deal.

Vz is definitely recognizing their dominance in the market and have no reason to incentivcise devices. I'm sort of surprised they haven't done away with one year deals all together (unfortunately) . Not that anyone cares but you can't get an iPhone on a one year deal regardless of carrier. I work in financial industry and as we all know money talks n bull sh!t walks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

rage151

Reaction score
Why are you surprised they have not discontinued 1yr contracts? I am not sure, but have any US carriers stopped offering them? I don't think it would make VZW more competitive being the only provider who mandates 2yr contracts. I know the spill about the iPhone, but that is Apple...not AT&T or VZW.

Fact.

I've also heard $70 more for a one yr deal.

Vz is definitely recognizing their dominance in the market and have no reason to incentivcise devices. I'm sort of surprised they haven't done away with one year deals all together (unfortunately) . Not that anyone cares but you can't get an iPhone on a one year deal regardless of carrier. I work in financial industry and as we all know money talks n bull sh!t walks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

bladerealm124

Reaction score
It is right there on their site. Just click Pricing for 1yr instead of 2yr.

Thanks, didn't realize the option was right in front of me. Ugh the price for the LG Accolade with a 1-year contract which is one of their very basic feature phones is $110 each!!(And that's with a $50 online discount. But they're free with a 2-year agreement. This means that just to start a family plan with my parents the cost will be approximately $550-620 depending on the price of the Thunderbolt. Then $130 a month for the cheapest family plan available with unlimited text and data just for my phone. And that's IF unlimited data is still available with the release of the TB and the costs don't go up. Now I"m not sure whether or not it'd be more cost effective to just do the 2-year contract and sell my phone on ebay in a year for $300-400 hopefully, instead of getting an upgrade through verizon, and then buying a newer unlocked phone on Ebay. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I really don't know what to do now...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're not activating this device on the LTE network the price should be reduced :icon_ devil:.... I know it'll never happen.... but I'd pay the difference down the line once LTE was available.

Just find it nonsense that because it's a 4G capable device I have to pay a premium for it even though 4G is not available in my area.

Reaction score
If you're not activating this device on the LTE network the price should be reduced :icon_ devil:.... I know it'll never happen.... but I'd pay the difference down the line once LTE was available.

Just find it nonsense that because it's a 4G capable device I have to pay a premium for it even though 4G is not available in my area.

Bump this. I want the device very badly, but am not in a 4G area yet (we only have it at the airport). That would be awesome if we could pay less to use 3G only, but I don't see it happening.

Are we sure that the $50 they jacked up the price is to compensate for LTE capability? I suppose its possible...

swade8

Reaction score

Bump this. I want the device very badly, but am not in a 4G area yet (we only have it at the airport). That would be awesome if we could pay less to use 3G only, but I don't see it happening.

Are we sure that the $50 they jacked up the price is to compensate for LTE capability? I suppose its possible...

no, it hasn,t been confirmed yet on the pricing.