Htc Thunderbolt 1-year contract Verizon online

bladerealm124

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Verizon will do a 1-year contract for the Thunderbolt online and what the price will be? I heard rumors of $70 more than the 2-year price so $319.99? Could anyone confirm this? Thanks

Rotas

Reaction score
Verizon cut out annual contracts I thought.
2 year price is 299.99

Murker

Reaction score
Verizon cut out annual contracts I thought.
2 year price is 299.99

From the reps Ive spoken to, this isn't true. One years will still be available for most phones. I couldn't get any confirmed info out of them regarding the TB though.
I see the saddest facial expressions when the TB is mentioned in a Verizon store.

OP
B

bladerealm124

Reaction score
Do you have any sources for that? I was planning on getting a refund for my pre-order at best buy since they told me they don't do 1-year contracts but I know that Verizon stores used to. But if that changed I'll just get my Thunderbolt at best buy

Rotas

Reaction score
Do you have any sources for that? I was planning on getting a refund for my pre-order at best buy since they told me they don't do 1-year contracts but I know that Verizon stores used to. But if that changed I'll just get my Thunderbolt at best buy

Wait until the announcement is made, then go visit a Verizon store and ask.
That way they can actually tell us something.

rage151

Reaction score
Just do a search - it is all over these forums. VZW offers 1yr contracts on everything but the iPhone. There is no need to link to a source because nothing changed. 2yr contract terms did, which is explained here, on the news, and on VZW's site. 1yr is unchanged.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Verizon still offers 1yr contracts for a price. Its $70 more right now, but that could change Also, only Verizon retailers do 1yr contracts; so no Best Buy and such.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
talked to a rep 2 hrs ago they said expect to pay 400 for a 1 yr deal.

OP
B

bladerealm124

Reaction score
$400?? Anyone else hear this? Damn I might have to get the 2-year from best buy still then. How much do you think a thunderbolt will go for on Ebay in a year? Not planning on selling it but in case I want an upgrade next spring I'd like to be able to have some options

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
makes sense 299 for a 2 year deal (not including tax). SO if you add 80 bucks you are looking at around 400 bucks.

OP
B

bladerealm124

Reaction score
Has that $299.99 been confirmed? Best Buy told me last night that it would still be $249.99, not sure if this is the same through Verizon but I would assume it would be the same, if not less.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
makes sense 299 for a 2 year deal (not including tax). SO if you add 80 bucks you are looking at around 400 bucks.

when put this way yes it does make sense, but I still think 299 is ridiculous for a 2yr....

just complaining over here... doesn't change anything :(

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

when put this way yes it does make sense, but I still think 299 is ridiculous for a 2yr....

just complaining over here... doesn't change anything :(

I agree which is why I am tempted to wait for the price to drop and they normally drop when a new phone is released. Ill wait for the release of the bionic to buy the tb if I can be disciplined enough to wait that long.

OP
B

bladerealm124

Reaction score
I called two local stores and neither of them knew anything about the 1-year contract price or release date. Anyone else have any input?