Thunderbolt now or Bionic later?

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
I am fairly sure the EVO has an older processor then the thunderbolt and sprints service is not as good as Verizon I believe so its an update to the EVO but similar none the less. However after rooting and underclocking the thunderbolt the battery issue has left and the processor flies.

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
Lol...such a fail...htc is doody i would never get an htc phone pretty ui but thats all it has above moto devices[/QUOTE]

Yeah and have fun with their locked bootloaders that they will never give out the keys to.. so have fun running glorified themes just like the x...

chris420o

Reaction score
and the way i look at this....all the thunderbolt is is the verizon evo...sprint already coming out with evo 3d...evos been out for how long?...why you buying an old device when there is a new alternative around the corner?...u coulda had the thunderbolt months n months ago if u went to sprint...what hype?

Better service? 700mhz 4g over 2500mhz 46. hmm

irelevant to the conversation...im talkin about the phone not the service...and some people dont even have 4g in their area yet

chris420o

Reaction score
cereal killer...i completly agree its frustrating...

and guys understand where im coming from...im not a fan of htc bc i dont like sence...for all the hooplah about rooting when u root the tb and put roms on most will be sense-less(hah play on words) so why deal with badly rushed/manufactured devices?

and why should a phone be rooted and a rom flashed on it just so it can actually function without terrible battery life?...doesnt make sence to me as most people do not root their phones

and on to the locked bootloader...i am very upset with moto for doing this...doesnt negate their phones superiority...just sucks for us who like to dabble in the innards of the phone n root n flash to our hearts content(what i love about my og droid)

so in the end what will i do?...pray lg optimus 3d comes to verizon soon and its a beast without bloatwear...or settle for a bionic i can theme n customize and not change the kernal...but if the phones uber fast who cares about custom kernals?...why i dont get the beef with the locked bootloader

finnaly...i love you all

edit: sorry for typos...boss breathing down my neck as i type this

Last edited:
Reaction score
You may not be able to change kernels but you can s deodex and zipalign and remove bloatware and streamline everything so it performs 10x better...

It feels like they are all turning into apple wannabes... soon we will see all phones locked down and everyone saying "you don't need to root.... it just works!" Like every apple fanboy out there *vomit* ..... I hope that day doesn't come cuz I love android... but if it does... I'll be going to windows, who seems to be focusing on their phones being very 'hackable'

I think now that these companies are getting a market they are forgetting what being linux/open source is all about :/

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just want a killer piece of cutting edge hardware that just works out of the box. If its unlocked great if not, well it just works. With Dual cores on the way oc'ing and kernels don't hold an interest for me anymore. Its plenty fast for a handset.

Locked unlocked pfffft who cares. Give me a monster of a handset and ill be very happy.

Sent from my Droid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just want a killer piece of cutting edge hardware that just works out of the box. If its unlocked great if not, well it just works. With Dual cores on the way oc'ing and kernels don't hold an interest for me anymore. Its plenty fast for a handset.

Locked unlocked pfffft who cares. Give me a monster of a handset and ill be very happy.

Sent from my Droid

Same here. Just give me something O-O-T-B that flies. I truthfully don't want to have to bother with OCing and kernels any longer...

wooddale

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Same here. Just give me something O-O-T-B that flies. I truthfully don't want to have to bother with OCing and kernels any longer...

I dont do much gaming so I dont know about that I go on the internet alot its fast as hell like they say as far as quadrants I get 1750 consistant up and down load speeds are like 10 times faster than before Thunderbolt out the box buty I am gonna root soon as I make sure everything works

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

I dont do much gaming so I dont know about that I go on the internet alot its fast as hell like they say as far as quadrants I get 1750 consistant up and down load speeds are like 10 times faster than before Thunderbolt out the box buty I am gonna root soon as I make sure everything works

I don't mobile game either... that's what my 360 is for. 4" screen vs. 46"... take your pick :)

Having to hold onto a phone for 2 years... I want the 'new' tech at the time I purchase. I know it'll be outdated in a matter of months... but I don't want to buy 'old' tech (the TB) if I'm going to have it for that length of time. That being said, the TB I'm sure flies and would suffice for my needs, as I only really browse the web and use a couple apps regularly.... but I 'want' the new tech. That's just me. :)

Reaction score
The problem is the bloatware that weighs everything down... I just want to be able to customize and/or get rid of the garbage and get ANDROID, not blur, not touchwiz, not sense, I can't even find android in all of these UIs. ANDROID is a highly customizable, open, linux based OS.... The only place you get that is the nexus line, which only seems to be supported on T-Mobile (probably the only ones that didn't cry for 2 hours about wanting to lock it down) and I'm probably not switching to them anytime soon :eek:

And I totally agree about not needing to OC anymore... heck most phones UC by themselves nowadays for battery conservation, LV kernels are still pretty killer though...

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The problem is the bloatware that weighs everything down... I just want to be able to customize and/or get rid of the garbage and get ANDROID, not blur, not touchwiz, not sense, I can't even find android in all of these UIs. ANDROID is a highly customizable, open, linux based OS.... The only place you get that is the nexus line, which only seems to be supported on T-Mobile (probably the only ones that didn't cry for 2 hours about wanting to lock it down) and I'm probably not switching to them anytime soon :eek:

And I totally agree about not needing to OC anymore... heck most phones UC by themselves nowadays for battery conservation, LV kernels are still pretty killer though...

Google is trying to crack down on the UI's and bloatware... which I think is a good thing. A lot of people see it as Google being more "Apple" like but it's not all bad.... having every manufacturer tinker with the OS is nonsense... I too want to be able to have the option to run the mfg's UI or to not use it, without having to load a custom ROM.

I just want root so I can remove bloatware... that'll work for me from here on out however.

NattyBee

Reaction score
I for one,love rooting...the ability to load a custom rom with performance tweaks, and customized setup just is very awesome to me. No matter what you give me, I'm gonna want to tinker. :p

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thank you for saying how I feel that apple people (for the most part) just don't understand :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I for one,love rooting...the ability to load a custom rom with performance tweaks, and customized setup just is very awesome to me. No matter what you give me, I'm gonna want to tinker. :p

I for one do as well but its comes in second to great hardware. Gone are the days of single core handsets that need to be massaged and tweaked to get even more performance out of it. Dual Cores and Quad Cores make custom kernels no longer a necessity. If I bought the TB or any of the other older models handsets openness would be a llittle more important to me but the hardware nowadays far exceeds my needs for unlocked handsets.

Sent from my Droid

cpjr

Reaction score

I for one do as well but its comes in second to great hardware. Gone are the days of single core handsets that need to be massaged and tweaked to get even more performance out of it. Dual Cores and Quad Cores make custom kernels no longer a necessity. If I bought the TB or any of the other older models handsets openness would be a llittle more important to me but the hardware nowadays far exceeds my needs for unlocked handsets.

Sent from my Droid

You say that now, but when the Incredible was released and was the first 1ghz processor everyone was amazed being that all the previous was 600mhz or so. That didnt last long.

Yeah dual core will be awesome...but if there is any possibility of improvement, people will want it and so on and so fourth ;) Once you have the power you get used to it and want more....its a never ending battle, lol.