I can upgrade Thunderbolt Or Bionic?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
which one to get?

well its time for an upgrade from my D1 been looking at the thunderbolt from HTC, but then i heard about the Motorola Bionic droid. thunderbolt comes out first but i like droids, what is better i know they both have the android OS and the bionic has a dual core, i want the most for my money is all but im torn i know it will boil down to what i want and choose but its always good to get some suggestions as well thanks.

shark

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
well its time for an upgrade from my D1 been looking at the thunderbolt from HTC, but then i heard about the Motorola Bionic droid. thunderbolt comes out first but i like droids, what is better i know they both have the android OS and the bionic has a dual core, i want the most for my money is all but im torn i know it will boil down to what i want and choose but its always good to get some suggestions as well thanks.

shark

Personally,I'd go with the HTC Thunderbolt. I've had an Incredible since April and really like the phone. It's a quality product. The ThunderBolt is in many ways just a bigger HTC Incredible - and that's a good thing!

Just my two-cents worth...

-Mike

hoppermi

Reaction score
For me it would depend on what I wanted/needed from the phone. If I wanted to hack and run customs ROMs, I would get the Thunderbolt. If I was a hardcore gamer, or had a need to stream 1080P to my TV or computer, I would get the Bionic. All depends on what you want your phone to do, other than the basics.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
For me it would depend on what I wanted/needed from the phone. If I wanted to hack and run customs ROMs, I would get the Thunderbolt. If I was a hardcore gamer, or had a need to stream 1080P to my TV or computer, I would get the Bionic. All depends on what you want your phone to do, other than the basics.
well i don't know how to hack or make custom roms, but i am a gamer, i want my phone to all the lastest and greatest whether i use the function or not i want it crazy i know, lol and im a droid fan but its so hard to choose, :laugh:

A

abn75

Get both and switch as the mood hits you.lol

Sent from my DX running DS4.2

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am very interested in getting the Thunderbolt myself.

In the video that thing boots up "lightning" fast!

randy10786

Reaction score
Personally Im gonna wait til the new phones(INC2, X2, D3, leaning strongly toward D3 cuz I like my keyboard :) ) start rolling out later this year. I really have no need for 4G as I live in a non-4G area. Im plenty happy with my Droid to keep it another 6-8 months than my last NE2 kicks in and I can upgrade to whatever hot phone may be out than. IF I had to choose between the Thunderbolt and Bionic though, I would go with the Thunderbolt, I love my moto but hate the fact that the new Moto phones all have locked bootloaders. Just my opinion though.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
well i don't really know what a bootloader is so thats not a big concern for me :). i don't know i have time i guess to think about it. seeing is how the thunderbolt just got pushed back and the bionic isn't releasing till the spring (just guessing i heard it was) so i have time.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey, maybe VZW actually wasn't happy with the IPhone sales and are sweating the TB....If IPhone only sold 100k, what if TB only sells 20k on launch date? Maybe they're working on putting a promo together to increase sales - this is their first LTE handset, after all.

Yeah, enough other people throw stuff and see what sticks so I felt like taking a stab.