Thunderbolt now or Bionic later?

spyder560

Reaction score
I will say I'm a big Motorola fanboy...have been ever since even the StarTacs. I'm not crazy about HTC, but the Thunderbolt looks pretty damn slick. I want to pull the trigger on the TB but really curious what the Bionic will be like.

My only gripe on the TB is the absured battery drainage and not sure if it's just me but HTC accessories look so cheap versus Motorola products.

Eh what do you guys think? Anyone else contemplating the TB but perhaps holding off for the Bionic?

bitter

Reaction score
There's no reason to get a TBolt when we know the Bionic will be lightyears better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Going to depend on how much customization you want. Htc has pretty much unlocked bootloaders, moto keys just got released but it wouldn't surprise me if the made new ones for the bionic.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

xier

Reaction score
Not so sure about light Years - LOL.

Depends if you need LTE Today -- if so then you should get the TB. I still love my DX -- I like my TB but combine LTE and its Super - especially with my xoom.

You can wait forever -- Bionic could be out next month -- or could see delays like the TB and arrive much later - just in time for Tiered LTE to kick in.

There's no reason to get a TBolt when we know the Bionic will be lightyears better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Zombie_Jesus

Reaction score
To buy a TB now just shows short sightedness. The future is dual/quad core processors. Snapdragon is old. Hence TB was outdated before it even came out.

Sent by an Original Droid. BB 6.2 O/C w Chevy lv 1.25

Reaction score
Most you people wanting a bionic have rooted devices, you realize motorola is horrible when it comes to locked bootloaders

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Zombie_Jesus

Reaction score
Lmao. Yes....but theyb are also notorious for employee leaks.

Sent by an Original Droid. BB 6.2 O/C w Chevy lv 1.25

Reaction score
I mean don't get me wrong I love motorola phones, and if the bionic has the same battery as the atrix I might be sold. But I love me og droid sooooo much cause I can use MIUI, CM7 or whatever I want everyday if I want and I want another phone I can do that with

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
Going to depend on how much customization you want. Htc has pretty much unlocked bootloaders, moto keys just got released but it wouldn't surprise me if the made new ones for the bionic.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

You dont do your research do you?

Thunderbolt has Signed Kernel, Recovery and Bootloader. Thats worse than Moto's been so far lol

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

You dont do your research do you?

Thunderbolt has Signed Kernel, Recovery and Bootloader. Thats worse than Moto's been so far lol

Thats already been unlocked...? So YOU don't do your research ;)

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
The thunderbolt has already been unlocked with s-off

But my point remains fact... Every phone has been rooted no matter what state the kernel, bootloader, recovery is in. I was just telling an HTC fanboy to do his research before rambling on how one thing is better. I am not a fanboy of either, just wanted to show that his statement has no value in the conversation

BigDaddyN8

Reaction score
I got the Thunderbolt yesterday and will say I'm really impressed. I still have my D1 as I use two lines (work purposes). And I love this phone. The more you wait the more they come out with. Once you buy the best a week later its beat. But that's just my opinion.

Sent From My HTC Thunderbolt