Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Anybody take a look at the memory though? Should it be a concern that the Bionic is only suppose to have 512 RAM? You would think with all the other smokin specs, they'd throw a GIG in there!

512MB DDR of Ram which will make it much faster then the TB 768MB of Ram.

kushmankev

Reaction score
Tbolt & bionic ,every piece of electronic equipment especially cell phones will be (old technology) its called planned obsolescence ,its all up to you if you want to be up to speed with the current devices ,I know I do and its worth every cent ,either way we're killing Apple !

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Anybody take a look at the memory though? Should it be a concern that the Bionic is only suppose to have 512 RAM? You would think with all the other smokin specs, they'd throw a GIG in there!

Sorry for the noob question, but what is how is DDR RAM better?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't remember the specifics, its basically how it handles the ram though.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Sorry for the noob question, but what is how is DDR RAM better?

Well, DDR2 is the next generation of DDR memory. Therefore, DDR2 doesn't mean its *twice* as fast as DDR1, it's just the next step in memory technology.

DDR ram stands for Double Data Rate Ram. Just imagine a two way highway of information, when you go DDR, add one more lane to both sides. You are doubling the available flow of information.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Not worried about the Ram in bionic, and I'll tell you why.
The bionic's RAM is DDR2 grade. DDR2 RAM has the capability to operate at twice the speeds of the original DDR and it is also not as power hungry. It operates at 1.8 V as opposed to the 2.5 V that the original DDR operates at. It also operates at a lower memory clock frequency. I know much of that may not mean anything to anyone; but to simplify it: having 512MB of DDR2 RAM very close to having 1GB of DDR RAM.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am in this boat right now. I can use my upgrade right now, but I have heard of lots of people having issues with the TB. I have been waiting on this phone for a while now, but here lately I have been thinking about the Bionic. If the Bionic comes out soon I might go with it instead of the TB.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

trailblazen

Reaction score
I am in this boat right now. I can use my upgrade right now, but I have heard of lots of people having issues with the TB. I have been waiting on this phone for a while now, but here lately I have been thinking about the Bionic. If the Bionic comes out soon I might go with it instead of the TB.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

Patience, I would wait. there are alot of signs still pointing at a mid april release so keep your fingers crossed. I too can use my upgrade (have been able to the past 2 months actually) but feel the bionic is worth the wait considering this is the last NE2.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Personally the Thunderbolt battery issues are being blown of of proportion, at least in 3G coverage areas. Since I got my phone I've only had to charge it at night and I can go the whole day without needing to charge it. Yesterday I went from 8AM to 11PM and still had 40% battery left, today I unplugged it over 8 hours ago and I'm still at 90%.

kushmankev

Reaction score
On march 17th when I bought the tb the salesperson told me they are doing free early upgrades for everyone, just thought it might help you decide oh and 4g is lightning fast no pun intended ha

Xak02

Reaction score
On march 17th when I bought the tb the salesperson told me they are doing free early upgrades for everyone, just thought it might help you decide oh and 4g is lightning fast no pun intended ha

Ooo fun. I hope that continues into next month(s).

treyalt2006

Reaction score
I just want to know if the Droid Bionic going to do voice and data simultaneously like the HTC Thunderbolt? According to VZW not all of their LTE phones are going to have that capability...

SVDO works great on the HTC Thunderbolt.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I just want to know if the Droid Bionic going to do voice and data simultaneously like the HTC Thunderbolt? According to VZW not all of their LTE phones are going to have that capability...

SVDO works great on the HTC Thunderbolt.

We do not know yet. We will have to wait and see.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Personally the Thunderbolt battery issues are being blown of of proportion, at least in 3G coverage areas. Since I got my phone I've only had to charge it at night and I can go the whole day without needing to charge it. Yesterday I went from 8AM to 11PM and still had 40% battery left, today I unplugged it over 8 hours ago and I'm still at 90%.

Same here..I get a whole days use outta my thunderbolt without charging...by night my battery is around 40-50% ..when I had liberty 1.5 on my DX I was only getting around 5 hrs of use..love moto but my guess is that they WILL lock the bionic something fierce..no thanks....