Thunderbolt/HTC Sync Via Bluetooth?

TommyLive

Reaction score
Okay, after the Verizon guy in the store suggested ten different applications to sync Outlook to the Thunderbolt, I accidentially learned HTC Sync will let you do it (after I spent half the day configuring Google and saying goodbye to Outlook).

My question is, can you use HTC Sync with Bluetooth? The cable sync is so... "uncivilized!"

Last edited:

km04

Reaction score
Okay, after the Verizon guy in the store suggested ten different applications to sync Outlook to the Thunderbolt, I accidentially learned HTC Sync will let you do it (after I spent half the day configuring Google and saying goodbye to Outlook).

My question is, can you use HTC Sync with Bluetooth? The cable sync is so... "uncivilized!"
is HTC Sync free? the verizon guy kept pushing some app that was $40 and i just didn't want to spend money on something that should be so freakin simply. i do realize that android is a google product and that they would want to force you into using google sync, i just don't like the way that works. it was a task exporting then importing the .csv file then dealing with google and the process to setup your calandar. to top it off, it did not pull tasks and notes, a real bummer for me.

OP
T

TommyLive

Reaction score
I'm with you, I never liked the idea of all my stuff being up on a server, and it's slow and doesn't have all the Outlook options, but Windows and Verizon can't make nice so they don't have any new phones with Windows Mobile 7. It took me a month to finally "let go" and use Google. But, it may be a Google product but it's also an HTC product... I'd like to get on the Verizon guys, but the one I deal with is extremely techy and didn't know about it. So I'm just thinking they don't know about it! Go here: HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC ThunderBolt to get the HTC Sync totally free from HTC's website. It could have more options for stuff but hey, it's something!

Last edited:

Emperor Crusher

Reaction score
There are a few questions here and I think they can all be addressed by one answer. If you visit www.syncdroid.net, you can find a chart that lists of most software that syncs Outlook with the Thunderbolt or any Android device. You will find the software name, what it syncs (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks), how it syncs (BLUETOOTH, USB, Wi-Fi, wireless), the price (MANY FREE), and much more.

So, go there and look for the Bluetooth column to find those that sync with Bluetooth. HTC Sync is FREE but does NOT sync with Bluetooth.

You do not NEED to sync using Google's services. There are many software products that sync using USB and Wi-Fi (many free) avoiding external servers. Some will sync through their own servers (one encrypts it so their own servers don't know what is sent) so you can still sync through wireless but avoid Google's servers.

You will find $40 software and free software. Many of the free software products work great. The $40 software tends to have better support with some offering free US based phone support and will sync more things like Outlook categories, notes and tasks. The old adage of "you get what you pay for" applies here, but if you only NEED what the free software provides then use the free ones!