ThrowBack Thursday Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Boot Animation

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sometimes it is just fun to look back on how things use to be. We can see where we have come from and just how far we have come. In the beginning we got a new bootanimation with every new release of Android. For the past few years Google has gotten away from that and we have had the same old bootanimation for a while now. Back in the day the Bootanimation was one of the big new things we looked forward to with new Android releases.

The video above shows off the fresh new bootanimation released with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean at Google I/O. It was pretty abstract. These days Android Bootanimations are super simple. My favorite Android Bootanimation of all time was the Honeycomb boot animation with the blue pulsing honeycombs. Which was your favorite?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I was actually thinking of my old DroidX yesterday and the ease at which I could flash a new rom and restore all apps on that thing, now many good quality yet different ROMS there were too. Wish I still had my old guy, but it eventually bit the dust.