Thought you guys would like this.

xjman349

Reaction score
At work the other day I received a call from a customer I thought you all would enjoy.

"Thank you for calling Verizon Wireless my name is *****. Can I please have your first and last name?" my intro stated.

"Linda and Derrick ***** we need to know when our contract ends because we got these iPhones and we are loving them."

When a call starts like this my eyes light up because I have the ability to explain why the Droid > iPhone. As we proceeded to talk, the customer informed me they had tried the Droid and thought it was a good phone, but wasn't as easy to use. The call dropped. As I sat wondering what had just happened, I realized the caller ID they were calling in from wasn't either of their numbers listed on the account. I saw the number that they were calling from and called them back. Linda answered the phone and stated she was sorry that the phone had dropped the call. I chuckled and began again explaining the benefits of the Droid compared to the iPhone. The customer stated she had enjoyed Verizon Service and had been with us for 13 years, however she loved the new iPhone and was going to keep it. The call dropped again. As I picked myself up off the ground from laughing so hard I called the customer back again. She then stated that the call had dropped again and she then confessed that this was something that had been happening very often and she had dropped 13 calls that day. My favorite quote she said " I bet after the call dropped you were laughing, we were too." Needless to say 1.5 hours later and 6 more dropped calls I ordered her 2 Droids, had them overnighted and she returned her iPhones the next day.

The best sales rep for Verizon and the Droid, is AT&T's service.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Yeah a cell phone that cannot make reliable calls....go figure.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Funny indeed!

My iPhone owning coworkers all really like my Droid, one even stated that if it would have been available when he got his phone he would have picked it up. Got a rash of shat today for the phone going broke, but that's expected.

J

JohnDroid

That's a great story! And part of the reason everyone is leaving the AT&T network in droves...

Once Verizon has the iPhone (and I believe they will get it early 2011 at the latest) I think Apple is going to be looking pretty good.

x25064

Reaction score
God I hope Verizon never gets the iphone.

They will massacre it and charge us ungodly amounts for every feature it has. Not to mention hack its visual voicemail to pieces for their horrid (and PAID FOR) version.

I used to also argue the point of them locking the phone down in their usual fashion, but since the release of the Droid as well as other Android platforms, they seem to be slowly releasing their iron grip. I am impressed they would even consider a -gasp- open source phone when they like to lock down their features and OSes, and nickle and dime you for everything that comes standard on pretty much every other network. (ex. visual voicemail)

The approval of the android app market was also astounding ( ex. $3.99 one time charge for a game over $5 monthly rape..er I mean, *charge* with vzw)

Now if someone could get them to stop using BREW we'd be all set.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great story!! SO easy hahaha

God I hope Verizon never gets the iphone.

They will massacre it and charge us ungodly amounts for every feature it has. Not to mention hack its visual voicemail to pieces for their horrid (and PAID FOR) version.

I used to also argue the point of them locking the phone down in their usual fashion, but since the release of the Droid as well as other Android platforms, they seem to be slowly releasing their iron grip. I am impressed they would even consider a -gasp- open source phone when they like to lock down their features and OSes, and nickle and dime you for everything that comes standard on pretty much every other network. (ex. visual voicemail)

The approval of the android app market was also astounding ( ex. $3.99 one time charge for a game over $5 monthly rape..er I mean, *charge* with vzw)

Now if someone could get them to stop using BREW we'd be all set.
That's one of the main reasons I jumped onto the Droid, I didn't want to miss the chance to have a none Verizon proprietary shat device. Oh an seamless syncing of my google apps :D

x25064

Reaction score
@jonkyu

Exactly bro.

I don't care for verizon in the least, BUT the droid is a more capable device then the iphone, and with its qwerty keyboard is a surefire winner of the two.

For this I will tough it out with VZW.