Those of you who had to return a broken Droid...?

Big D

Reaction score
What were the issues?

Just curious what the most common hardware problems are.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
My first return was due to one of the keys on the keyboard not working. Second return was due to specs of dust under the screen. Even after all that, I still love my Droid!

WillRunForBeer

Reaction score
I am trying to decide whether to get a new one. Sometimes the keys under the screen, like Home, List, don't work. Seems to be worse with some applications, so maybe this is software though. Anyone else having this?

GuySmiley

Reaction score
i am about to pick up a moto droid, but one of my friends is have lots of phone call hang up's, when i am talking to him his phone will hang up 6-8 times after 5 mins of talk time, he finally broken down and finally took my advice to return the damn phone.... sometimes when we are talking it trys to make another call sort of like a 3 way call..

unkut

Reaction score
i am about to pick up a moto droid, but one of my friends is have lots of phone call hang up's, when i am talking to him his phone will hang up 6-8 times after 5 mins of talk time, he finally broken down and finally took my advice to return the damn phone.... sometimes when we are talking it trys to make another call sort of like a 3 way call..
Tell your friend to get out of the storm shelter and try again??? Either that or its your service and his phone has been fine all along???

Reaction score
I'm on #2. My first Droid lasted 8 hours. Lucky all settings transfer so darn easily. The volume rocker locked down on the decrease settings. No volume for me. Thats what you get when the darn things are assembled in China...haha. Still... I love this phone.

Thurston

Reaction score
Returned my first one to BB when the microphone stopped working two days after buying it new. Will be returning my second with a broken camera as soon as BB gets their computer set up to be able to transfer my contacts over.

I'm becoming a bit concerned with the quality of build on these phones. I love my Droid but how many times and for how long will I be able to make returns if issues come up?

Erich_F

Reaction score
My GPS died on day two...took it back to a different store and no questions replaced. That was 5 days ago, #2 is working flawlessly.

Erich

jgminno

Reaction score
It does seem 2 b slow at times when u hit icons on home page. Not sure if, phone problem or connect problem or 3 party apps. Phones r an ongoing problem period, less u use them, less that can go wrong.........

rosedith

Reaction score
I just called tech support over my lunch hour. Mine is loosing volume on the speaker periodically and they could not offer a solution. I think it is after a call has been placed but I couldn't reproduce it on a call to a number that is answered by a robot. I'll have to try a few times when I can call someone in the family. A restart restores the speaker to normal volume. Maybe the trigger is the speaker phone on a call.

Timster

Reaction score
Looks like I'll have to return mine. I have a dark spot in all of my photos and videos. The outside lens is super clean and unscratched. There is something on the retina for sure. I had the Droid for about three weeks and in my first few pics I overlooked the imperfection. I took out the battery, slid the keyboard out and blasted the phone with compressed air hoping to "remove" the spec on the inside retina. this did not work.

Here are some pics of my problem.

Attachments

• spot.JPG
    spot.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 252
  • spot2.JPG
    spot2.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 299
  • spot3.JPG
    spot3.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 229
  • spot4.JPG
    spot4.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 349
  • spot5.JPG
    spot5.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 205

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll have to return mine. I have a dark spot in all of my photos and videos. The outside lens is super clean and unscratched. There is something on the retina for sure. I had the Droid for about three weeks and in my first few pics I overlooked the imperfection. I took out the battery, slid the keyboard out and blasted the phone with compressed air hoping to "remove" the spec on the inside retina. this did not work.

I would exchange it also. 30 days to exchange for a new one

Timster

Reaction score

I would exchange it also. 30 days to exchange for a new one

Yeah I have about a week. So I purchased the Droid from the Verizon website so I would have to got to them for the replacement correct?