Super Heat and Freezing Issues

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I am just curious how many others have been experiencing this problem, because according to Verizon, it is an uncommon problem...

My phone was rooted for a little while and I think that might have been what caused the issue but it just started sky rocketing in the heat department and would lock up then eventually reset. I tried changing ROMs, removing all apps and starting "fresh" with several different ROMs and different kernels, but i finally had to just unroot and try returning it to an out of box state. Even this didn't fix the problem...

I just want to know if anyone else had this issue and what they did... I am currently waiting on a replacement Droid1 right now, but was just curious if this could be caused by rooting or if it was just due to faulty (or probably overused) hardware...

TJ110158

Reaction score
It's funny you mention this because I am still rooted and I noticed that my phone gets hotter and hotter as the battery drains. I'm using CyanogenMod 6 with a low voltage kernal, and SetCPU setting. I have to shut everything down and recharge my phone before it cools down. Can seem to figure out the right setting for it.

OP
P

Panamakevin

Reaction score
Yeah... I was primarily running Simply Stunning and once i tried making the jump from 4.6 to 4.7 it started getting "too hot" but it was still hitting some high temps. I had my SetCPU set to warn me when it got to 43C but that didn't happen too often until i made that jump to 4.7 But I would have thought unrooting would have fixed that...