Droid (rooted) Heat Problem

Samurai26

Reaction score
I am running CM 5062 with gold darkedge and I have been experiencing major heat issues. My Droid is consistently heating up to 116 degrees. Any suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am running CM 5062 with gold darkedge and I have been experiencing major heat issues. My Droid is consistently heating up to 116 degrees. Any suggestions?

Worry about it when it gets to about 150.

OP
S

Samurai26

Reaction score
As of now I'm not overclocked but I'm about to right now... I just thought 116 was pretty hot

OP
S

Samurai26

Reaction score
Even while using a lot internet and data, it rarely goes over 105?

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
I wouldn't worrry cuz my phone gets to 130 so my phone os still running, so I wouldn't be really concerned.

Darkseider

Reaction score

yeah.... even after tethering for a while..

Me thinks the temp is being misreported or you're not at 1.2 Ghz. A Stock, BONE STOCK, Droid will hit 45c religiously when tethering using PDANet. That is at 550Mhz. So either your temp is being reported incorrectly or you have some freakish SoC in that thing that doesn't get hot. I assume you are using SetCPU. If that is the case what is your Power Save Bias set to?

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, 116 isn't too bad, a few days ago I thought it was, but Hook pointed me in the right direction. When I have my phone plugged in to the car and using the GPS it gets up to about 125 degrees or so at 1GHz. It'll be interesting to see it now with the new version of Cyanogen (which runs MUCH better) and the overclocking tweaks I've made.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

yeah.... even after tethering for a while..

Me thinks the temp is being misreported or you're not at 1.2 Ghz. A Stock, BONE STOCK, Droid will hit 45c religiously when tethering using PDANet. That is at 550Mhz. So either your temp is being reported incorrectly or you have some freakish SoC in that thing that doesn't get hot. I assume you are using SetCPU. If that is the case what is your Power Save Bias set to?

it could be a false reading... but my powersave bias is 0 at the moment..

the hottest my phone ever got that i noticed was 119* and thats because i left it in my car while out on my boat for 6 hours and it was 94 degrees outside

and yes i am running @ 1200mhz