This is my Razr Maxx help

earlybill1

Reaction score
So now im gonna type in all the info of my Maxx ( in about phone ) to see if anyone can get me working links for rooting my maxx, the apps needed after root, the roms and themes and any other links I can get I would be very grateful. Cause o have no idea if my Maxx is GB, ICS, or JB so thanks in advance ........
So here goes...
System : 6.16.211.XT912
Android version : 4.0.4
Baseband : coma_n_05.11.01p. Ltedc_u_09.11.00
Webtop : 3.0.0
Kernel : 3.0.8-g29cf5e7
Build # : 6.7.2-180_DHD -16_M4-31
Build date : thu jun 14 14:57:16 CDT 2012.....
HOPE ALL THIS INFO HELPS SOMEONE TO GET ME LINKS FOR BEST ROOT FOR MY MAXX AND ANYTHING ELSE I WILL NEED PLEASE OH AND THANK IN ADVANCE

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Android version: 4.0.4 <<----- that is ICS.

Check the Razr support forums on here. There is a utility that will perform root. And there are forums on here for ROMs, themes, everything you would need.

aarong03

Reaction score
So now im gonna type in all the info of my Maxx ( in about phone ) to see if anyone can get me working links for rooting my maxx, the apps needed after root, the roms and themes and any other links I can get I would be very grateful. Cause o have no idea if my Maxx is GB, ICS, or JB so thanks in advance ........
So here goes...
HOPE ALL THIS INFO HELPS SOMEONE TO GET ME LINKS FOR BEST ROOT FOR MY MAXX AND ANYTHING ELSE I WILL NEED PLEASE OH AND THANK IN ADVANCE

Here's the link:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Android version: 4.0.4 <<----- that is ICS.

Check the Razr support forums on here. There is a utility that will perform root. And there are forums on here for ROMs, themes, everything you would need.

Ok is there any way to really tell if my maxx is the OTA ICS update or ir its the leaked ICS update . If im rooting it does it matter which update it is or could it brick

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So here goes...

looks like you got the links needed . please read then re read the threads .. make sure you understand what you are doing . its almost impossible to hard brick your phone since there is an FXZ file out there for it. make sure you install safestrap and understand it before flashing custom roms . and if you flash JB leak understand (last i checked anyway ) you cant roll back and it does take you off upgrade path. I am sure a dev will update us to OTA once it comes out but it will be with RSD and FXZ file.
i am not saying this to tell you not to root but be careful have fun and read read read.. and if you have problems we have a rescue squad and a list of members who are great and very helpful.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And if you want to take the plunge into the Jelly Bean world as Justin referred to, go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html, and I'll walk you through it. :biggrin:

BTW, Justin is correct...at this stage of the game there is no going back to ICS once you flash Jelly Bean, and it most likely takes you off the upgrade path, though that's debatable since it was hard-pushed to many owners on Christmas Eve and so they would be no longer able to upgrade through no fault of their own. I believe Verizon and Motorola will have to support it, and if not...someone will get us a Fastboot version sooner or later.

Last edited: