This cant seriously be how this phone is supposed to operate

Venom51

Reaction score
For the O.P. just remember this....you must be at least 2 brain cells smarter than the device or technology you are trying to use.

OP
G

GT Motion

Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to be patient with this phone now after hearing you guys say it may be user error. However, I have turned off all sync options but it is still putting "Billy" with "Willy" unless I put an initial or last name.

Are you telling me this phone cannot tell that "Billy" & "Willy" are two different people? Are you kidding me?
While I agree that it is a stupid flaw for the phone to auto group contacts like that, but is it really that much of an issue to put an initial or last name?

I guess its not that big of an issue, but I am just worried now, are there other things I am going to start finding are ridiculous in this phone as I use it more and more?

jnashr

Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to be patient with this phone now after hearing you guys say it may be user error. However, I have turned off all sync options but it is still putting "Billy" with "Willy" unless I put an initial or last name.

Are you telling me this phone cannot tell that "Billy" & "Willy" are two different people? Are you kidding me?
While I agree that it is a stupid flaw for the phone to auto group contacts like that, but is it really that much of an issue to put an initial or last name?

I guess its not that big of an issue, but I am just worried now, are there other things I am going to start finding are ridiculous in this phone as I use it more and more?
I think that is going to be the same for any phone. You are going to find things you like and don't like the longer you own a phone. Luckily there is a community to support updates and apps to tweak the phone to your liking.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't get the fascination with Facebook! I got one but i don't need it 'synced' to my life! LOL

On a serious note Facebook sync for contacts has been creating problems for a number of Droid users... stick to syncing with G-mail. It's easy and accurate!

edit: ... don't even start me on Farmville.... simpletons :icon_evil:

Venom51

Reaction score
Facebook....where technology can hide the fact that you have no personality or social skills.

silvere2

Reaction score
I don't get the fascination with Facebook! I got one but i don't need it 'synced' to my life! LOL

On a serious note Facebook sync for contacts has been creating problems for a number of Droid users... stick to syncing with G-mail. It's easy and accurate!

edit: ... don't even start me on Farmville.... simpletons :icon_evil:

I don't use it very often either...but I think it's damn cool that my contact list photos can automatically be updated from facebook.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I am glad syncing is so beneficial to the masses. For security purposes I have made sure nothing syncs except my email and that even my contacts are isolated to my phone and nothing more.