This attachment cannot be displayed...HELPPPP

M

Matth3w

Crap, I missed that. Maybe we could get the mods to make some sort of Official Thread and merge all of these issues into one thread, so when people search on Google they could post in this thread if they find it and we could work towards a solution.

For me, my solution was to forward my emails to Tripit (all of my problems stemmed from auto-generated PDF files from my government travel agency).

Or perhaps I could just make one.

OyVOid

Reaction score
You can't, directly...I have done about 2 hours of searching via Google and various Android forums. It's hard for people to replicate so there aren't many answers.

So far, the only thing I have done (I only have the problem with PDF files so far, so perhaps we have different issues....have you tried Docs2Go?) to solve my PDF issue is to save the file, and re-email it to myself. That removes whatever is causing it to not be opened.

Try that and see if it works. If it does, then we probably have the same issue. If not, then your issue is something else. Generally, this seems to be more of a PDF issue than MS Office issue from what I have found through my searching.

I downloaded Docs2Go the free version and tried to open my Word attachment again. NO GO! The only way, I can open my attachments is to read my gmail on my computer which really defeats the whole purpose. Oh, well. Good to know so I don't have to pull any more hair out over this.

Thanks for your input.
Karen
Do me a favor...try these two "solutions" to isolate the problem:

1. Download K-9 email application and see if you can open it there. If so, it's an issue with the stock email application.

2. Open the email in question on your home computer...save it to the desktop...then re-send the email to yourself, then try to try open it up in the native email program. I know that you shouldn't have to do that, but that lets you know if your issue is the same as I have been describing. If you can resave the file and resend to yourself and it opens, then you know you have this elusive Android issue.

My troubleshooting results:

#! It worked! K-9 solved the problem. I was able to view my document with no problem.

#2 some what worked. I sent my attachment file to all three of my email accounts. Because of Docs2Go, I was able to view my attachment on my gmail and yahoo account using my Droid but the work account still wouldn't allow it to open. So I am thinking there must be a security block or some incompability to prevent it to download.

So until something better comes along to fix my particular problem, I can for now just forward mywork email with any attachments to my personal gmail account and I will able to view.

Better than nothing, worst then some. :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
My troubleshooting results:

#! It worked! K-9 solved the problem. I was able to view my document with no problem.

#2 some what worked. I sent my attachment file to all three of my email accounts. Because of Docs2Go, I was able to view my attachment on my gmail and yahoo account using my Droid but the work account still wouldn't allow it to open. So I am thinking there must be a security block or some incompability to prevent it to download.

So until something better comes along to fix my particular problem, I can for now just forward mywork email with any attachments to my personal gmail account and I will able to view.

Better than nothing, worst then some. :)

Good to know. I don't know how hour work account is managed (secured) but you could also use your gmail account to "fetch" that mail. I actually use the fetch feature for several email account so I only have to use 1 inbox/account.