Third Droid 2 in three weeks - Each one crashes after an update

Winterwarlock

Reaction score
Hello, I have been to Verizon three times in as many weeks after my phone (Motorola Droid 2) crashes. The last time a Verizon employee informed me that ALL software had been removed from the phone (not by me!)

I continue to get a "systems update" message, but now have been told to "hold off on running it" After I had run the update on my new Droid 2, within 24 hours the phone crashes and cannot be reset.

Now, each day - three plus times a day - I have to answer NO, I do not want to update now. I am concerend if I run this update, it will crash my phone again.

Verizon tech "suport" says they are not aware of any known issues, but also do not understand WHY I am getting a systems update on a new Droid 2, as that phone should already HAVE all updates. Well, this is my third and all three want to run an update. The last two tanked the phone.

So, nobody seems to know and I find myself every day repeatedly saying "no, update later."

The update is a systems update - Called: 2.2.20.en.us

I gues what really bugs me is Verizon saying nobody is reporting this problem, so there is nothing they can or will do.

Am I a nobody?! I am trying to report it and get it resolved!

Anybody else know about this?

Thanks!

bborst

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 for a little over a month, and from day #1 it's been crashing or restarting itself since I also updated to 2.2.20. It happens most often when I'm listening to my MP3's and when it's docked to my 1st party desktop Droid cradle.

After having this happen several times now I finally went to my local Vstore, the rep updated the PRL and said to see what happens - my phone crashed as soon as I got it home when I started listening to my music.

So last night I called tech support. I explained the whole situation and they believe it might be a 3rd party app that is poorly programmed. They recommended moving all my music and image files onto my computer, reformat the SD card and restore the phone to factory default. I had to manually remove all my downloaded apps too.

I did so this morning at work. So far I'm going on hour #3 without it crashing or restarting.

dancedroid yay so far. Each day I'm going to move a few apps back onto my phone and test again to see if it starts up again - maybe I can isolate the problem to a single app?