Incredible 2 Crashing After Instagram Install

peacexisxfree

Reaction score
I have an Incredible 2 with the latest updates from HTC and Verizon.

I recently downloaded instagram about 6 days ago. I know how new Instagram for Droids is, and I know it still has some bugs; however, I have found no reports anywhere of the app. actually causing a phone to crash (it seems it just causes the app. to crash).

It started out with a frozen phone, which led to a reboot loop. It happened twice and I was finally able to boot the phone. The third time it did it was last night and it would not reboot at all. I was forced in to a hard reset, which still did not work properly. After a while with me messing with it, it finally booted up, but gave me no service to program my phone. I took it to Verizon, where (magically) the phone had service and I got my phone back. I decided (perhaps stupidly) to try Instagram once more and the same things happened. Tried a hard reset and phone is once again going through reboot loop. Verizon is sending me another Incredible 2 this week.

Has anyone had this issue at all? Is there anything I can do? I have a hunch that it is not the atual app. causing the crash, but instead the option which allows you to use Instagram's camera within the app.

It's extremely frustrating to know now even a hard reset will get my phone back at this point, but being a photographer and loving Instagram, this is quite disheartening.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hmm, strange. Not sure what's causing it to be honest, it could be a number of things. I've had no issues with instagram on my phone and I use it quite often. With it's built in camera and stock camera.