Email crash

allenbirnbach

Reaction score
Today, I did not receive a single email in any of my three accounts (all on different ISP's). When I got back to my office, I found bunches in each account on my desktop computer. I called Verizon, and they in turn put me in touch with Motorola.

The technician had me shut down the phone, remove the battery for a minute, reinstall it and start the phone again. My messages were there. The technician told me that I should shut off the phone every day for 3-5 minutes because the phone uses a lot of apps, and needs to be shut off to clear things out.

After I hung up, though, the email program on the phone crashed. Each time I tried to relaunch, it would crash again. When I called back, the technician I reached this time said I needed to wipe the phone completely, and reboot. Once that was done, I had to reinstall all email information, and apps. Not fun.

Has anyone else run across this problem?

pointdexler

Reaction score
I have the same problem.. but only on the Email apps, my gmail apps is ok.. as long as I configure my email apps, it crashes every time I click on it.. somehow, this problem didn't exist on Android 2.0 but it started showing up on Android 2.1