Crash, Crash, Crash

swaldrop

Reaction score
WTF. This thing has been crashing since the second I started messing with it at the Verizon store yesterday morning. When the phone works, it is awesome. I understand a few growing pains when releasing a new OS, but this is nuts. I also can not find a common denominator as to why it is crashing. Using the phone, apps, messaging, browser... Doesn't seem to matter.

To be fair, this is my first Android device, so user behavior may play some part in it as I may be running too many apps in the background. But I have tried shutting everything down and still no luck.

Am I the only one? I have 30 days, but I really don't want to return it. I want to love the phone, but it needs to reciprocate. Any ideas?

R1Lover

Reaction score
Take it back and get a good one... I have had zero issue and i'm loving it...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like either the OS is corrupted or the phone is f***ed.. i would take it back to the store and ask for a replacement.

OP
S

swaldrop

Reaction score

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah once you get it fully working i think you will like what it has to offer, just don't hold it against the OS because of a corrupt unit. :)

jay80z

Reaction score
Please be more specific as to why it's crashing, so we can prove that you are not just trying to crash on the droid.

Phone, apps, messaging, etc is not enough. Anyone who didn't even get the phone can list these reasons to appear as though they did.

Sorry to hear you got such a lemon if you are speaking truth. Take it back if that is the case.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please be more specific as to why it's crashing, so we can prove that you are not just trying to crash on the droid.

Phone, apps, messaging, etc is not enough. Anyone who didn't even get the phone can list these reasons to appear as though they did.

Sorry to hear you got such a lemon if you are speaking truth. Take it back if that is the case.

He is saying he doesn't know why it's crashing, it's doing it randomly and it doesn't matter what he has open, it will happen regardless. As he stated again that it was more of a rage post, but he did legitimately want to know what he should do.

OP
S

swaldrop

Reaction score

Easy there... No one is Trashing your beloved Droid. I too have waited a very long time to have a worthy phone and I just want to make sure it is as good as I hoped it to be.

I want nothing more than to see Apple change their ways because of Android, but I will be first in line when the iPhone comes out for Verizon if it can't hang. I have no loyalty to any phone.

Trip

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm on my 4th phone in 2 days, first 2 the camera wouldnt focus, the third kept rebooting randomly, now the fourth seems stable :) life is now good.

And just an FYI my Verizon store has been very understanding and helpful throughout, I had to tell them about the known camera issue, but they where more than willing to exchange my phones and make it right.

OP
S

swaldrop

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm on my 4th phone in 2 days, first 2 the camera wouldnt focus, the third kept rebooting randomly, now the fourth seems stable :) life is now good.

And just an FYI my Verizon store has been very understanding and helpful throughout, I had to tell them about the known camera issue, but they where more than willing to exchange my phones and make it right.
Well, I got a new phone and it has yet to crash. Much better experience so far and if it stays like this, I feel that it'll be a great phone.

I think I will stop at 2 though. Not sure if I would have the patience to stick it out 2 more times. We'll see.

iamloco724

Reaction score
so is that really a known issue that the camera wont focus i will be getting mine in on mon.and i love hearing how great the phone is but the horror stories like this get me worried

Stangpilot27

Reaction score
Sounds like either the OS is corrupted or the phone is f***ed.. i would take it back to the store and ask for a replacement.

I agree with the above comment, something got jacked up during the manufacture of your little droid.

Stangpilot27

Reaction score
Forgot to mention in last post, so far so good! No paranormal activity to report on this end.

. :icon_ devil: .

jay80z

Reaction score

Easy there... No one is Trashing your beloved Droid. I too have waited a very long time to have a worthy phone and I just want to make sure it is as good as I hoped it to be.

I want nothing more than to see Apple change their ways because of Android, but I will be first in line when the iPhone comes out for Verizon if it can't hang. I have no loyalty to any phone.

relax, beloved Droid it ain't. did you make this post seeking help to remedy your crashes? or did you just post to rant your anger as suggested in the title?

with the the lack of detail missing from your original post as to what is causing these crashes, i'm going with ranting.

everyone who comes to these forums for information is well aware of many bugs that are present with the new release. if everyone made a post as vague as yours when encountering an issue, i might as well go to an iphone forum to look for help there.

i meant no offense with my original reply. don't be so defensive.

perhaps it is you who needs to take it easy.