Thinking of buying a Fascinate on ebay...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello. I know the question of "which phone should I buy" comes up on the forums a lot. But I tried the fascinate in BB the other day and it was super fast. I found a good one one ebay and want to buy it. I am going to sit on my upgrade from VZW for a while. My questions are...

-Is the amount of ram it has good for multitasking (It's kind of low compared to the X or Inc)
-Does the fact that it has 2.1 with no update in site hinder it? Does flash work, can I listen to shoutcast on winamp, will I need a task killer?
- Do launchers like launcherpro and adw work?
- Is it packed with bloatware like my D1 was before rooting?
-Also can I get rid of bing maps and use google maps?

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello. I know the question of "which phone should I buy" comes up on the forums a lot. But I tried the fascinate in BB the other day and it was super fast. I found a good one one ebay and want to buy it. I am going to sit on my upgrade from VZW for a while. My questions are...

-Is the amount of ram it has good for multitasking (It's kind of low compared to the X or Inc)
-Does the fact that it has 2.1 with no update in site hinder it? Does flash work, can I listen to shoutcast on winamp, will I need a task killer?

The fascinate is a good device. The update is not really an issue, root the phone and download froyo. Shout cast works, winamp works and you don't need a taskkiller. Bloat ware is installed but just root and you can remove it. And lastly the phone can be de-binged! Hope this helps welcome to the site.

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
And the launchers you mentioned do work

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

The fascinate is a good device. The update is not really an issue, root the phone and download froyo. Shout cast works, winamp works and you don't need a taskkiller. Bloat ware is installed but just root and you can remove it. And lastly the phone can be de-binged! Hope this helps welcome to the site.

Thank you for the info. So the Ram isnt an issue then? I see you have an X in addition to fascinate. I know you can't tell me which is best for me, but which do u prefer?

lakas187

Reaction score

Thank you for the info. So the Ram isnt an issue then? I see you have an X in addition to fascinate. I know you can't tell me which is best for me, but which do u prefer?

I also have both. I much prefer the fascinate! Debinged and running froyo!

#TeamRed

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to root it without using adb or with a mac?

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Z4, Rage in the Cage then? I think I am going to get it.

Roland B.

Reaction score
The fascinate is a sick phone once you get rid of all the bing crap. Im running 2.2.1 , honeycomb theme

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App