Thinking About Upgrading to RAZR MAXX HD - Screen Concerns

SilentMovies

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been very happy with my original Droid X, but feel it's time to upgrade. I'm strongly tempted to go with the RAZR MAXX HD, but after reading of all the cracked screen issues, I'm apprehensive. Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

mustangdroid

Reaction score
I just upgraded to a Maxx HD from an OG Droid Razr. Never had a screen problem with the razr and its thinner. I absolutely love the Maxx HD. I got it for $99 at best buy (amazon price match). Worth every penny.

snowman

Reaction score
I have not heard of any, the phone has only been out a couple months now and verizon rep. told he he has no returns at 'all yeet which says a lot
it's insured for a year and after that get the insurance it's covered regardless, but I've noticed the screen goes right to the edge of the phone , the glass does
I think any type of cover or case would solve the problem of tapping the edge and cracking the screen, if you just bumped it hard with no case
I could see where it might be a problem area but actually I have not heard of any screen cracks on this model?
you will love it mann it's a really sweet phone

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
As with any edge to edge display. The glass is more easily compromised on the RAZR HD than phones with bezels.

OP
S

SilentMovies

Reaction score
Thanks For Your Input !

Thanks everyone for your advice !

I didn't realize that some retailers will match the Amazon price. I'll give it a shot at the Verizon store...

Best to all.

Frank

heavyvino

Reaction score
I keep mine in the ottorbox commuter, think that's the one, it is fully encased in the case. I work in maintenance and need my phone to be protected, I had a RAZR in that case and on a couple of instances it fell over 3 feet and received no damage to the phone just a ding to the case.

americandad

Reaction score
As with any edge to edge display. The glass is more easily compromised on the RAZR HD than phones with bezels.
I thought the HD had a bezel. I'm looking at mine right now and there is a raised bezel around the glass. It's thin but it's there and doesn't look like it's part of the glass, but I admit my eyes are getting old.

snowman

Reaction score
yes the otterbox is probably the best case but expensive
and yes there is a VERY slim metal benzel or edge around the glass but if tapped even lightly it can't be muc protection