thinking about the sg3 thoughts ??

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Currently have a nexus and might get the sg3 .....are the radios better and stronger on this phone compared tot eh nexus?? How about the over all performance of the Device?? I've seen and played with the sg$ and love it....just hadn't owned it....thoughts please.....hope its a big improvement over the nexus ...

huskur

Reaction score
Radio is stellar and the phone itself is very nice. Smoooooooth and very responsive with an awesome camera. I came from a razr maxx to the S3 and couldn't be happier!!

Imprisoned

Reaction score
Currently have a nexus and might get the sg3 .....are the radios better and stronger on this phone compared tot eh nexus?? How about the over all performance of the Device?? I've seen and played with the sg$ and love it....just hadn't owned it....thoughts please.....hope its a big improvement over the nexus ...

I went to my local store to get a S3 tonight and the rep tried talking me out of it once he knew I had a Nexus. He claims the Nexus is the best phone on the market, you just have to root and make it your own he said. I know nothing about rooting, he went on to say the S3 is a nice phone for anyone who doesn't already own a Nexus.

He told me to google how to unlock and rom my Nexus and nothing else will compare to it. I have a iphone 5 pre ordered and they wouldn't cancel it for me. Told me I have to wait for the iphone 5 and return it to get a S3.

Despite what this guy says I'm getting a S3 in the next few weeks. That's the thing, maybe the Nexus could be the better phone, but ONLY after you hack it. I don't hack, I only got the Nexus because I wanted ICS at the time.....

Last edited:

emathed

Reaction score
I purchased my first Android phone and I am lloving it so much better than iOS.I had an iphone but bought a GS3 and I will say that I dont regret my decision. I am loving jt so much and truly think its better than the iphone5. Good luck with your's if you get one. You wont regret it.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Well, seems to me you can root and ROM the S3 similarly. Not sure if all the cool bells and whistles work then. (Well, with root, you can do things you otherwise couldn't while keeping the bells and whistles.)

My bionic, rooted but otherwise moto stock, is pretty sick with a few root programs. May have to ROM to get Jelly Bean, we'll see. Anyway, as much as I like CyanogenMod and some other ROMs, with S3's touchwiz and beam, wifi direct, popup video, etc I think I'd be pretty much set for a long while. Now if I can just get my fiancé to let me mess with her S3 then I'd know for sure.

-Bionic 6.7.247 via HoB

mlewis76

Reaction score
Imprisoned said:
I went to my local store to get a S3 tonight and the rep tried talking me out of it once he knew I had a Nexus. He claims the Nexus is the best phone on the market, you just have to root and make it your own he said. I know nothing about rooting, he went on to say the S3 is a nice phone for anyone who doesn't already own a Nexus.

He told me to google how to unlock and rom my Nexus and nothing else will compare to it. I have a iphone 5 pre ordered and they wouldn't cancel it for me. Told me I have to wait for the iphone 5 and return it to get a S3.

Despite what this guy says I'm getting a S3 in the next few weeks. That's the thing, maybe the Nexus could be the better phone, but ONLY after you hack it. I don't hack, I only got the Nexus because I wanted ICS at the time.....

OMG, they should NOT be suggesting u root ur phone!!!! It voids the warranty and if u root and brick it, u will have to pay full price for another phone. U don't have to root the S3 to make it ur own!!! Go get it and I will tell u how to customize the hell out of it! Iphones suck. U don't want to pay for apps that u can get free on android. That rep should be fired. He should not be trying to talk u out of getting any phone n He sure shouldn't be telling u to void ur warranty!!

Imprisoned

Reaction score
OMG, they should NOT be suggesting u root ur phone!!!! It voids the warranty and if u root and brick it, u will have to pay full price for another phone. U don't have to root the S3 to make it ur own!!! Go get it and I will tell u how to customize the hell out of it! Iphones suck. U don't want to pay for apps that u can get free on android. That rep should be fired. He should not be trying to talk u out of getting any phone n He sure shouldn't be telling u to void ur warranty!!

I got the S3 the next day, the rep lied to me. I called big red and they cancelled my iphone 5 pre order and my upgrade was back on my line instantly. That store is staffed with incompetent people, when I went back to get the S3 the sales rep took away my unlimited data on my line when the upgrade was on my son's line.

I have four lines on my account and there spread out were we get two upgrades ever year. My son is 13 so I get his upgrade and he gets my old phone that I got the year before. I told him when he turns 16 and gets a part time job I'll let him get the new device. Anyway he only uses his phone 90% of the time at home or at a friends house on wifi so he doesn't need the unlimited on his line as much as me.

The line that I used the upgrade on was his line so his should have lost unlimited, but the sales rep at the store told me no I'll lose my unlimited because I'm putting the device on my line. I tried to tell her that is not correct, my wife just used my daughters upgrade to get a iphone 5 and put the device on her line and she keep her unlimited. The store rep ended with asking me do I want the S3 or not, but the line the device is activated on will lose unlimited. I finally told them whatever just get me checked out.

After I got home I called Big Red and explained to them what happen, after a 5 minute hold a manager came on the line and apologized for my inconvenience and confirmed I was right and told me because of my bad store experience all four of my lines where put back on unlimited!!!

In the future I will go to the store just to get a hands on with a device and after I decide what I want I'll call and order over the phone, I'll have to wait a couple days to get my device vs getting it now. Sorry for the off topic rant, just explaining just how bad this location is, and I agree the guy shouldn't tell me to void my warranty...

As for my thought on the phone, I've had it a week now and still deciding. The phone no question has better radio's, better speaker, better call quality. I like the phone over all, but the nexus after the jelly bean update is a little smoother, I'm assuming the S3 will have better performance also once we get JB. I would say when both phones had ics the s3 is the better device out of the box.

Last edited:
OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
All I have to say is wow with this phone it-shirts smooth as butter

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
According to the 20 threads on the topic, the S3 is better than the Nexus in just about every way...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I haven't seen anybody else post about.
xiaowang1.jpg

xiaowang02.jpg

xiaowang01.jpg

xiaowang2.jpg

xiaowang0.jpg

Post about the Nexus vs the GS3? I suggest the search feature if you're really curious.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Wife and I sold our Nexus and moved to the GS3. Radios are better. Phone is faster and smoother. I also don't root.