Thinking about moving to the dark side away from droid3

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Never thought this day would come, I'm an android fanboy all the way, but recently I have second guessed myself. I'm just tired of the bugs on my droid3. Random reboots, bad battery, pentile screen, weird transistion. Like android phones have never cut it for me, always have had problems with them. The eris, og droid and now droid 3 have all failed me. No doubt I love this phone, with its sweet keyboard, but that's it, works so slow can't tell its a dual core. Small ram, I'm just tired of it. Seriously thinking about moving to apple, and these things will affect my decision. New iphone specs and the droid3 update date. If the update comes soon, and fixes everything I will stay for sure, if not then if the new iphone has beast specs I will get that. I just nnever ever saw myself in this position, I love android and my droid 3 but seriously, can't even video chat without a hacked skype app and the phones almost been out for 2 months. Well what do you guys think? Anything to persuade me or may you wish a farewell?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could never go iPhone. No doubt, it's a good phone for what it is.. but for the stuff I want to be able to do with my phone.. it just doesn't have what I want. My Droid 3 runs perfectly smooth, I can DEFINITELY tell it's duel core.. this thing is fast as hell. Especially with new launchers and now that I froze my bloatware. I love the Pentile. To me, best screen out there cause it's more realistic then my 2nd favorite, superamoled. My battery last me 22hrs at least, if not more. And that's with pretty heavy usage. This is definitely an up from owning an iPhone 3 and then the OG Droid. This things is incredible. Sucks you're having problems, man. I won't lie, my phone was too at first.. then it randomly stopped and went into beast mode.

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Well my phone was good, but now its acting up, but like said there's always been problems since the beginning like video chat and the random reboot, hopefully they push out that update or maybe if I root it will be better but I'm gonna jump ship if the above fails. Because in the end I want a phone that runs smooth, doesn't reboot, lasts long and can chat and take quality pics quick, maybe if the iphone is dual core and 4glte, its gonna be a tough deal

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
I'm sorry about that man! But please, not the iphone.. Lol come on! Droids Hate Iphones! Iphones hate Droids. You can't leave the Lakers to go play with the Celtics!

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to read that you are going through bad times with your phone, but you can't just stop eating bananas just because one is roten, you really want to move to a world fullbof restrictions on your phone, no flash, no external memory, can't replace the battery by yourself.. Your phone must be bad there has to be something wrong with it, the bionic is coming this September 8th its official, or wait for the htc vigor so you taste some real 4G LTE power, apple sucks not only cause of the hardware they use third party itunes application just to put a song in the phone, think wisely bro..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

rvcjew

Reaction score
i just up showed all the iphone fours today with my droid 3 in class rendering hell just pdf's sorry not helping anyway they fact is the droid 3 can do more than the iphone can even with it jailbroken.

hennbc

Reaction score
well if your having so much trouble with your phone, why not just root and try and get the most out of your phone. remove all of your bloatware to speed up your phone, and then load up the latest Gtalk so you can video chat (video calls are smooth and working flawlessly.) for your battery, if you havnt already make sure your preffered network is CDMA and not global (this should help your battery life.) but as far as the "hacked skype" goes thats a whole differrent story cause you dont need to hack anything to load that on your phone and it has been working great

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Well idk, like I don't want to switchover, but one thing ilove about the iphone is that it has lots of apps and runs smooth, I will probably justroot and hopefully that will make it better, I just want a phone without lag, and reboots and doesn't take pics in10 secs frompressing the button

Reaction score
Iphones have issues too. But try rooting and go from there. But if you go to the iphone I hope you like it because that's what's important.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
I would think WM7 would be the dark side - I've used an iphone and found certain things (like notifications) and the constant back to home, really annoying. My old Window Mobile phone was better in that regard, and apple is finally addressing these issues now. Windows Mobile 7 might actually be better than iphone in a few areas, and has a great ecosystem (Office, Zune, and Xbox Live) and multiple hardware options. The iphone seems to be hinging on a perfect new model with each release, and the 5th one (iphone 4) seems tired. Apple's advantage right now is really itunes only, and even that may be a stretch if you are not already committed to itunes.

Personally I will be sticking with the Droid 3, the keyboard makes up for alot - and I hear there is a fix for the radio on the way.

papparoche

Reaction score
I have a ? Can u help me root my new droid 3

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
People don't realize that the iPhone has many issues as well.

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
People don't realize that the iPhone has many issues as well.

I understand that, but since its not opento the public like android is, it has way fewer bugs

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I would think WM7 would be the dark side - I've used an iphone and found certain things (like notifications) and the constant back to home, really annoying. My old Window Mobile phone was better in that regard, and apple is finally addressing these issues now. Windows Mobile 7 might actually be better than iphone in a few areas, and has a great ecosystem (Office, Zune, and Xbox Live) and multiple hardware options. The iphone seems to be hinging on a perfect new model with each release, and the 5th one (iphone 4) seems tired. Apple's advantage right now is really itunes only, and even that may be a stretch if you are not already committed to itunes.

Personally I will be sticking with the Droid 3, the keyboard makes up for alot - and I hear there is a fix for the radio on the way.

I heard there is an update too,hopefully it will fix everything