Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

droid3-21.png

droid3specs-550x385.jpg

I was going to title the post “BREAKING LEAK” but that didn’t sound quite right. In any case, it looks like the guys over at Android Central were able to snag a snapshot of a chart showing off the specs of Motorola’s upcoming Droid 3. While there’s not too much here we didn’t already know/guess, it’s nice to finally see it in print.

Whereas other Droid devices are having trouble getting up to Android 2.3, this device will come with Gingerbread already pre-installed. The phone will also be yet another “world phone” or “global phone” as some like to call it, meaning you can use the phone with all those GSM networks overseas. As far as processor goes, you have a slightly out of the ordinary Texas Instruments 1GHz dual-core OMAP4. The display is a sweet 4-inch 960×540 qHD and lets just hope we’re not looking at that Pentile Matrix stuff from the Droid X2. 8MP camera on the back for shooting in 1080p and a handy front facing camera for video chat.

With one of the best QWERTY keyboards on the market and the phone hitting that 4-inch screen sweet spot, I think this will do pretty well in Verizon’s lineup. It looks to be a great sequel from the Droid 2 in every way. What do you guys think? Anyone planning on picking one of these guys up on launch day?

SOURCE: Verizon Droid 3 specs revealed, show a 4-inch Gingerbread world phone | Android Central

Last edited:

kurumatt

Reaction score
No LTE means no for me. My og droid runs everything just fine, half a second quicker loading time on apps is not worth the money without the network speed.

Ill wait till there is a slider with lte.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
No LTE means no for me. My og droid runs everything just fine, half a second quicker loading time on apps is not worth the money without the network speed.

Ill wait till there is a slider with lte.

good luck on that...4g lte is barely rolling out slowly...so i dont think there will be a ton of 4g phones coming out right now

kptphalkon

Reaction score
yeah a dual core 4 inch lte with keyboard is what Im waiting for. no point in wasting an upgrade when we can supposedly keep unlimited for 4G

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Don't care about 4G....its proving buggy. I'm getting this as a b-day present to myself.

sent from somewhere...

NoBloatware

Reaction score
So this will have all that blur crap running on it? So sad. Hopefully mod-able.

aggiechase37

Reaction score
What's the story on the RAM? I hear it's a better type of RAM, but less of it. So I'd like to know how effective the RAM situation is. Anyone know? I would like to be able to switch tasks a little more effectively than what's been going on with the OG, where I can MAYBE get 2 apps switching reliably without being shut down, and they must be LIGHT apps. Would really like to see that situation improve.

Limbwalker

Reaction score
I really don’t know what I'll do. I'm eligible for upgrade, but really wanted 4G. I love all the other features tho. Sheesh . . Decisions . . Decisions . . . dancedroid

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Don't care about 4G....its proving buggy. I'm getting this as a b-day present to myself.

sent from somewhere...
im with you...ive always told myself i will own all DROID devices and so far i have achieved that lol

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Been holding on to my D1 and been waiting for this. I still believe this is Moto's answer to the DInc2.
As long as the reviews are good after launch ill be getting it. I was going to get the X2 but with so many bad reviews I'm not sold on it.
Two more weeks...hopefully, can't wait!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

sent from somewhere...
im with you...ive always told myself i will own all DROID devices and so far i have achieved that lol

While I can't own all of the Droid line....I like the slider keyboard. Didn't think the D2 was enough of an upgrade to worry about. But this is. Its a little bigger, better keyboard, more RAM than the D1( even though everyones complaining about it), and I like that its the dual core OMAP instead of the Tegra.

sent from somewhere...

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

sent from somewhere...

While I can't own all of the Droid line....I like the slider keyboard. Didn't think the D2 was enough of an upgrade to worry about. But this is. Its a little bigger, better keyboard, more RAM than the D1( even though everyones complaining about it), and I like that its the dual core OMAP instead of the Tegra.

sent from somewhere...
lol yea i think its a big improvement for the droid. and since there are no other slider phones with a physical keyboard, this one is my next phone lol

Darksthour

Reaction score
I'm really liking this phone. However just getting a new phone after just seeing leaks isn't enough for me. I would like to wait a bit and see how it fares in real life. I was looking forward to a lot of new phones but they all seemed mildly flawed. I love my OG droid and it's still serving me well. Running GB 2.3.4 while most stock are still in 2.2, slide out keyboard and a fully unlocked bootloader. I have almost nothing to worry about except getting a phone that actually would be an upgrade to the satisfaction my droid gives me to this day. I really like this phone and I hope that if I were to get it within the week buffalo NY didn't get LTE and it had a locked bootloader. However that's my rant and I really do hope this phone is a great device.

Niemo435

Reaction score
Im soooo getting this phone! My new every two is up this month, perfect timing i might saydancedroid