Motorola Droid X2 Spotted "in the Wild"; Specs and Benchmarks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-x-2-front.jpg

Sometimes doors close while other doors open. While recent industry rumors suggest that we may have lost the Motorola Droid Bionic... on the same day, we get some juicy "in the wild" info and a video of the Motorola Droid X2. Here is a list of the fairly impressive specs:
  • 4.3-inch screen (960 x 540) qHD screen
  • 1.2 GHz Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
  • Android 2.2 (currently, may ship with Android 2.3 Gingerbread)
  • 768MB of RAM
  • 8-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash
  • 720p HD video capture
  • Micro USB
  • Micro HDMI
  • Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass
  • Light and proximity sensors
This phone looks very similar to the original Droid X, which isn't a bad thing to many... Also, it supposedly has amazing battery life. Furthermore, It achieved a potent Quadrant score of 2453. The video shows that it is still running Froyo, and there is no word on whether it will get Gingerbread on launch or not. This is still a very appealing phone. What do you guys think?

Video Link: [video=vimeo;22454006]http://vimeo.com/22454006[/video]

Hit the source link below for some more pics of the device.

Source: TechnoBuffalo

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Very nice. I still love my DX, but the better processor would be a plus. Still won't be upgrading anytime early, and probably won't be using Motorola unless the encrypted bootloaders go the way of the dodo.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Very nice. I still love my DX, but the better processor would be a plus. Still won't be upgrading anytime early, and probably won't be using Motorola unless the encrypted bootloaders go the way of the dodo.

Ah boo, noticed in the video the shutter button is gone from the side.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I like it as I have an X now and I assume could keep my current dock when I hand the X off to the wife. I do wish it had LTE ONLY so I could get locked into that contract if the unlimited would still be around. I dont have LTE around me yet unless I go into the city so it makes no difference for me yet. Since I get a new phone every year then I might just get this and let LTE get more widespread and jump onto that ship next year.

jodyberry

Reaction score

Ah boo, noticed in the video the shutter button is gone from the side.

I agree! Don't want to deal with on-screen buttons for the cam.

TeeX

Reaction score
holdin' my cashey money until the Targa/Bionic is released. Until then, my DroidX with Gingerbread will do juuuuuust fine :D

Reaction score
Very nice, very nice!

I agree too, the shutter button (while still laggy) does the job and gave the phone a cool red styling on the side.

Oh well...probably no LTE but I don't think anybody expected that. Still a monster of a 3G device!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Last night at work a friend whipped out his DX and showed me a picture in his Galley. It was so fast and sure compared to my D1. Now dual core and faster too!