Thinking about moving to a Droid X..... come in

albrst

Reaction score
None of our stores around here have the phones on but I was in another place visiting a friend and played with both. I could not deal with the size of the X. That thing is freaking huge. So I went with the incredible. I really couldn't tell a difference in their speed.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
There are a lot, and I do mean A LOT of new phones coming down the line. I would say if possible, hold out until the end of the year, very beginning of next year. There is going to be some really interesting equipment coming down the line. Just hold out. The Droid X is nice, but I would recommend waiting if you are sitting on an upgrade discount. You'll be happy that you did.

Reaction score
There are a lot, and I do mean A LOT of new phones coming down the line. I would say if possible, hold out until the end of the year, very beginning of next year. There is going to be some really interesting equipment coming down the line. Just hold out. The Droid X is nice, but I would recommend waiting if you are sitting on an upgrade discount. You'll be happy that you did.

I hear Verizon is doing away with the hpgrade discount...Only the primary number on the bill gets one...

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
i am still in my 30 days, my 2 year was up months ago. I think i might take it back and wait a few months to see if anything new comes along.

virginia4eva

Reaction score
I went from the x to incredible I hate MOTO version of Android but yes the x processor is faster but I have not noticed it in my time with the incredible it has been just as snappy the only real plus the x has was the panorama option in camera but I still love the incredible and the sense UI HTC has developed

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Sending my X back, waiting for the Fed X guy as I type! I hope the Dink is nice?? The X is just to big and clumsy feeling, and I am 6'4 275# Its like a carrying around a small brick, always having to find a special place for it. I just want to put it in my pocket and go!! You have to have a man purse or some big huge case!! BYE BYE X:icon_eek: Never thought I would say that:icon_eek: And did I say Moto blur sucks!!!!!! Hello Sense!! IMHO:)

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
go for the INC til HTC comes out with a LTE Phone, like the EVO..

the cam on my droid 1 did seem kinda clunky.. the droid is a great size... performs nicely.. you wouldnt be disappointed with a DINC

amojeba

Reaction score
Dinc Battery life sucks a$$. And it never gets more than 2 bars of signal, so it's constantly searching for a better signal. That's why I took it back.

Droid X has a much better battery life, I have 2 co-workers that have it, I've played with it...it's really not that big. And the battery lasts long according to them.
I've ordered mine today, should be arriving in a couple weeks.

If you need a reliable phone with strong battery life to get you through a long day, I would suggest the Droid X.

virginia4eva

Reaction score
My Dinc came and I must say it seems small compared to the X, but after carrying it around all afternoon and tonight it is nice. I went home and picked up the X and said DAMN that's huge. Mine shipped with 2.2 and the battery is still at 20% and I have used it all day and it is almost 10pm. The phone was at 30 when I set it up. The X does have good battery life, but if you don't need the HDMI or 720p recording...I never used either, I think the size is more of an issue for me than the benefits of the X. Plus, Sense is awesome and blur is horrible. Also, for what it is worth the screen seems so much faster and smoother than the X. Just my .2 cents..YMMV.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
My Dinc came and I must say it seems small compared to the X, but after carrying it around all afternoon and tonight it is nice. I went home and picked up the X and said DAMN that's huge. Mine shipped with 2.2 and the battery is still at 20% and I have used it all day and it is almost 10pm. The phone was at 30 when I set it up. The X does have good battery life, but if you don't need the HDMI or 720p recording...I never used either, I think the size is more of an issue for me than the benefits of the X. Plus, Sense is awesome and blur is horrible. Also, for what it is worth the screen seems so much faster and smoother than the X. Just my .2 cents..YMMV.

Plus, with 2.2, the Incredible can record at 720p recording, and you can get a tv out cable for the micro usb jack.

tnhockey

Reaction score
im currently on the fence with switching to an X from my Dinc. I think im going to do it though. i cant take the terrible battery life and reception.

slinky

Reaction score
im currently on the fence with switching to an X from my Dinc. I think im going to do it though. i cant take the terrible battery life and reception.
Get an extended battery. The 1750 is the same size. The extended will give you juice for 2 days with heavy use. Incredible stuff. Not terrible in size although it is much larger.

virginia4eva

Reaction score

Plus, with 2.2, the Incredible can record at 720p recording, and you can get a tv out cable for the micro usb jack.

Thanks! I did not know that. Very cool.;)

virginia4eva

Reaction score

Where do you live? I am in the country in SD and have full bars:icon_eek: Do you have 2.2 or the battery "software" upgrade Verizon sent out?