Thin, rugged case for the X

HayWire

Reaction score
I bought the Trident kraken and here's the deal. I love the built in screen protector, the looks and how well it is covered.. However, I've decided it adds too much bulk to the phone (can't get it out of jean pockets easily) I don't like holsters as they tend to get snagged on things at work, so I am looking for something thin, but still rugged. Any suggestions? Also, I will more then likely be getting the extended moto battery soon so I'd like it if it worked for that as well..

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Ill check that one out, does it have a screen protector built on? I will miss that from my kraken.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CoDash

Reaction score
I bought the Trident kraken and here's the deal. I love the built in screen protector, the looks and how well it is covered.. However, I've decided it adds too much bulk to the phone (can't get it out of jean pockets easily) I don't like holsters as they tend to get snagged on things at work, so I am looking for something thin, but still rugged. Any suggestions? Also, I will more then likely be getting the extended moto battery soon so I'd like it if it worked for that as well..

Wasted my $$ on a Krapen. Lint Hog. and very bulky. Looking for the same thing you are.

reuuin88

Reaction score
Having tried multiple cases until I found the perfect fit for the X I finally was extremely impressed by the durability and thinness of the otterbox commuter case.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Having tried multiple cases until I found the perfect fit for the X I finally was extremely impressed by the durability and thinness of the otterbox commuter case.
I've looked St some pictures and the local best buy has some. I may pick one up if I like the thinness of it. Plus I saw on the otterbox site that it works with the extended Motorola battery so that's a plus as well.

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures comparing the Commuter to the Defender or the Kraken?

I like the protection of the Defender, but a smaller less bulky case would be nice too.

Steve

ecfiffer

Reaction score
have you looked at the seidio line? on youtube, daydeal(dot)com has a lot of reviews on different cases for the DX. thats what helped me make up my mind on the seidio rugged combo case

Reaction score
I have a Otterbox Commuter coming this week, can't wait to see how it compares to the Defender.

I looked at the Incipio and at the Seidio websites, they all look good........decisions, decisions.

Steve

sugarnova

Reaction score
I love the Commuter. The only negative was that it covered up the front buttons and made them a little harder to push. It probably wouldn't bother me now, but when I got the Droid X, I was not yet accustomed to the key layout and needed to be able to see it. (The Evo that I came from had the home and menu keys in the other order and that's what I was used to.)

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX using DroidForums App

ascreen06

Reaction score
Same here. Those front buttons are back lit so they can be seen in dark situations. The commuter covers them and in low light situations ur basically guessing at which button ur pressing.

True Billiever DX

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
After reading these, I may go with the invisible sheild covering.I just need minimalist protection for drops. .im wondering if I should wait till I get the extended battery before I do it though, because when that stuff is on can I remove the battery cover?

jjj751

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well I got the Commuter in the mail yesterday, and I hate it.

What a cheap and crappy design. I really only left it on my phone for about 2 hours before I couldn't take any more. The plug in cover just hangs out, won't stay in the ports, and drove me nuts. The plastic outer case was too slippery and I never felt like I had a good grip on the phone. Glad I didn't put the screen protector on, now I can sell it as new.

The Defender is back on.

Steve

xCore

Reaction score
Get the incipio case below. You won't find another case that is as thin while offering a good amount of protecton. Plus it looks a hundred times better then any other case out there for the droid x. If you do get this one then I would suggest to get the black and red one. I have it and it looks great. The black and black one looks too plain and dull.

Incipio Motorola DROID X SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core, Motorola DROID X, DROID X, Cases, Accessories, Verizon

pretty slick lookin' case. have you tried to see if it fits in any of the available holsters yet ? ... maybe an innocase holster ?