TheSavageSquid's NitroScript Unthrottle Tool Version 1.5

Reaction score
View attachment 39557NitroScript is a tool to used to unthrottle the Motorola Droid 2/Droid Global/Droid X.

This tool was designed specifically for the Droid 2, all though it is reported that the unthrottle tool works for the Motorola Droid 2 Global, Motorola Droid, and the Motorola Droid X, it is not guaranteed to work on other devices.

The Root and Unroot tools will only work for the Droid 2/2 Global/X

Download: Nitroscript - Mediafire

Instructions

Turn on USB Debugging.
Plug in phone.
Run program.
Done.

I don't usually go onto this forum so please email me at [email protected]

Version 1.5.1 now released, I won't make a separate thread, just so it's easier.

1.5.1 adds a rethrottle option, this will only work if you used this version to unthrottle and did not delete the folder "OriginalServices" or its contents.

Changelog

1.0 - Original Program
1.5 - Fixed bugs, dialog, name
1.5.1 - Added Rethrottle option

Download: NitroScript 1.5.1 - MediaFire

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Nitroscript no longer works on the newly updated android operating system. We will work on a new way to unthrottle.

Last edited:

473x15

Reaction score
i tested before and dont work on d2g w/system version 2.4.3.30. the speed test dont pass over 1.8mbs and most of the time only gets to 750kbs. the stock is way better since i get most of the time over 2mbs and yes i have to use SBF to back to stock.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
Well how good is your signal? Because if it didn't work, then it shouldn't effect your data speed. It deletes the ThrottleServices Files from Services.jar.

It won't slow you down.

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
i tested before and dont work on d2g w/system version 2.4.3.30. the speed test dont pass over 1.8mbs and most of the time only gets to 750kbs. the stock is way better since i get most of the time over 2mbs and yes i have to use SBF to back to stock.

Before you go SBFing your phone. Wait a bit till you have a better signal, if you have 1-2 bars of service, you won't see a difference. If you have 3-4 bars of services you'll probably see a difference. Your downloads will be faster, and your browsing will be quicker. It does NOTHING to slow it down.

Also, did you do a backup? That would be the best. You wouldn't need to SBF

Last edited:

473x15

Reaction score
tks dude i will give a shot one more time as soon IRENE goes away from ny da might b da problem. and yes i tested them w 4 to 5 bars, but tell me how good is urs speed test?

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
I'd test it right now but Irene is coming for MA right now and its already down pouring. I might be able to get back to you with a test in maybe 2 days with a test. It's worked great with other people and friends of mine. I can't do a before and after seeing as I do not have my original services.jar, only my unthrottled one, but I can show you the after speed test. This has been reported to work on the Droid 2 Global. At first my biggest fear was that it wouldn't work because I didn't know the framework of it, only the Droid 2. If you would like to unthrottle manually you can do that too. I can send you the instructions if you want.

If other people say there is another method of doing it, there isn't because unthrottling is just deleting the ThrottleServices files and from Services.jar and putting it back, the only thing NitroScript does is automate the process.

473x15

Reaction score
pls post the instruction but w the whole package jeje ( speed test ) n yes before this update i memba that i post a few pics showing off my speed test n i was like wowow over 3mbs but since dis update i was like naaa ill keep da stock for better.

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
Delete the ClassOut folder in the program's directory. Open CMD, cd to the directory where the program is (just because there are some files that are needed to do this are) and run the following commands in this order

adb remount

adb pull /system/framework/services.jar

jar xf services.jar classes.dex

java -jar baksmali.jar -o classout/ classes.dex

Then go to classout/com/android/server/ and delete all files that say ThrottleServices

when you're done with that enter these commands in cmd

java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar classout/ -o new-classes.dex

del classes.dex

ren new-classes.dex classes.dex

jar uf services.jar classes.dex

adb push services.jar /system/framework/

Then you are all set! You should be unthrottled.

If the throttleservices arn't there and you havent reverted to stock yet, then NitroScript has done its job. :)

473x15

Reaction score
will do tks alot ill test it when irene goes away. two thumbs up

473x15

Reaction score
cant wait to try it jejeje uhh can i do this by using clockwork

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
I don't know, I don't have gingerbread. I assume it will because that's just how the phones framework was designed. I believe it should work.