There Will Likely Be No Galaxy S8 Edge.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The latest rumors surrounding the Galaxy S8 is that there will be no specific Galaxy S8 Edge variant. In fact it is believed that the "Edge" variant will be the only variant. There will be no "flat" S8. This lines up with rumors that the device will have a "bezel-less" display similar to what we have already seen on Mi MIX. I have a feeling we will actually see the Note 7 design again with the dual edge display and dual edge back with glass and metal.

The current rumor is that we will indeed see two variants, a 5.5" and 6.2" variant. The device is still rumored to have 6GB of Ram, up to 256GB of storage, the removal of the home button, dual camera setup, pressure sensitive display, and the removal of the headphone jack.

via Korea Herald

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I wonder if the edge of the s8 will be like the s7 edge or the note 7. I too am thinking they'd lean more towards the slight curve of the Note 7 than the dramatic curve of the Edge

realged13

Reaction score
I don't care what they do with this phone, I just want another Note. Keep almost everything the same with whatever upgrades but the slight curve of the Note was awesome.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm 100% happy with my Pixel XL and will be staying with it for a while now but even if I wasn't, I won't be getting any Edge device from Samsung. I hate the edge. its annoying to hold, picks up random touches or interferes with other touches not responding because the side of your palm is touching the edge and frankly, I hate how it distorts the image around the curve. Having it as the only option has sealed its fate with me and several people I know. I have a feeling there are plenty of people that will be annoyed with this enough not to buy one.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If this rumor is true, it might just be the end of Samsung phones for me. I NEVER used the edge on my S6, which is why I went to the "flat" S7. Moto may just get my business again after all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I originally wanted to go with the S7, then I noticed it was the exact same size as my S5 (5.1") and I couldn't bring myself to upgrade to a similarly sized device, so I went with the Edge. Couldn't be happier. I like having my favorites set up for some quick dial action and another edge screen for tech news & sports. It's just a damn sexy phone!
It's funny how quickly people forget how much Samsung actually listens to their customers compared to every other manufacturer. When that nightmare of a device called the S6 came out missing loads of features, Sammy fans broke out the pitch forks. The following year the S7 is released and low & behold, many of those beloved features had returned. I can already see this very thing happening with the S8 & S9. At least let's hope they continue that trend of listening to their customers...
Time will tell.

S7 Edge tap'n

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I liked the edge screen as well, very useful and helped declutter the main screen and still allowed quick access to several things. The Note 7's edge was way better than the previous ones. That slight curve felt so much better in hand. I think that's the way they'll go moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6