Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Specs Leaked!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do people actually want to get rid of the home button? I think this is the dumbest thing! I have an s7 edge and it is laggy at times and without the home button no other keys are responsive.

The logic as I see it, is Samsung wants a bigger screen and not a bigger phone, so they make the screen bigger and use the screen for the buttons, so that the useability factor for the screen is identical as it would have been if they had just left the buttons to begin with.

Also What moron wants to unnaturally hold the phone to use the the fingerprint sensor on the back?

Having had the note 7, I will tell you all that the IRIS scanner is horrible and not worth using.

The note 7 looks like it will could go down as the best samsung phone EVER if Samsung keeps going backwards.

at the very least give us more RAM.

/Rant
I am that moron that prefers buttons on the back and bigger screen without bigger real estate.
If your phone is lagging do a cache partition wipe.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Do people actually want to get rid of the home button? I think this is the dumbest thing! I have an s7 edge and it is laggy at times and without the home button no other keys are responsive.

The logic as I see it, is Samsung wants a bigger screen and not a bigger phone, so they make the screen bigger and use the screen for the buttons, so that the useability factor for the screen is identical as it would have been if they had just left the buttons to begin with.

Also What moron wants to unnaturally hold the phone to use the the fingerprint sensor on the back?

Having had the note 7, I will tell you all that the IRIS scanner is horrible and not worth using.

The note 7 looks like it will could go down as the best samsung phone EVER if Samsung keeps going backwards.

at the very least give us more RAM.

/Rant
The fingerprint scanner on my lg v20 is in the perfect spot where my finger lands when holding the device, every other phone I've had or held with a rear power button or finger print scanner has been wonderful.

As for unresponsive I've had my entire phone not respond yet the on screen buttons still work.

I think it's a great idea and I'm looking at the s8 as a serious possible upgrade.

So I'm also that moron who prefers rear fingerprint scanners and osd buttons.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20
Looks good, seems like more of an "s" upgrade that apple would do (not complaining). I'll have to compare this to the G6 and decide !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a strange way, yes. Apple usually improve the software for the S but people will benefit most from the better hardware with the S8.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just don't like the rear placement bc I like to unlock while on my desk ...

7+
On lg devices (I think some of the nexus and possibly pixel) there's the knock knock feature where you double tap your screen while it's off and it turns out on... I use it all the time when I don't want to pick up my phone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
On lg devices (I think some of the nexus and possibly pixel) there's the knock knock feature where you double tap your screen while it's off and it turns out on... I use it all the time when I don't want to pick up my phone.

Double is great ! Only you can't unlock phone and type back without picking up unfortunately

7+

RyanPm40

Reaction score

If Samsung implements the on-screen buttons correctly and how everyone else does it, I don't see how they can have a problem. I've had some lag and unresponsiveness on my G4 and G5 at rare times, but never any issues with the actual nav buttons.

Amagine

Reaction score
Wait, let me get this straight. For YEARS, there has been bickering about the bezel size on phones. Now Samsung joins the bezel-less design group and the same bunch are bickering about the lack of a bezel? Geesh. I hope none of you are on focus groups. lol

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Wait, let me get this straight. For YEARS, there has been bickering about the bezel size on phones. Now Samsung joins the bezel-less design group and the same bunch are bickering about the lack of a bezel? Geesh. I hope none of you are on focus groups. lol
Samsung S series has been a bezel-less design for several years, they didn't just join...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Samsung S series has been a bezel-less design for several years, they didn't just join...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Side bezel maybe, but the top and bottom have remained rather obtuse.

People never know what they want... and just need something to complain about.

I'm excited for the S8 but hoping the Note 8 will be even better