[THEME] Executive Red STOCK DROID X ONLY!

csk415

Reaction score
Does my X have to be rooted to install this? Im a little confused. You have whats below in the 1st post. I thought bootstrap was for rooted phones? If I am using launcher pro will it reconize this as a theme? Still trying to figure this all out so dont flame me to hard.

Launcher Pro background (gets installed to your SD card with the theme) No need to download separately from here.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download the theme file at the top of this post and place on your SD card.
2. Open Droid X Bootstrapper: Press Bootstrap Recovery, wait for success. Then Reboot Recovery.
3. From recovery menu, select "install zip from sdcard"
4. Select "choose zip from sdcard"
5. Navigate to "EXECUTIVE_RED.zip" and select.
6. Let the file install.
7. Reboot your phone. May take a few moments because services.jar needs to make some changes to text colors.
8. Most importantly, ENJOY!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does my X have to be rooted to install this? Im a little confused. You have whats below in the 1st post. I thought bootstrap was for rooted phones? If I am using launcher pro will it reconize this as a theme? Still trying to figure this all out so dont flame me to hard.

Launcher Pro background (gets installed to your SD card with the theme) No need to download separately from here.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download the theme file at the top of this post and place on your SD card.
2. Open Droid X Bootstrapper: Press Bootstrap Recovery, wait for success. Then Reboot Recovery.
3. From recovery menu, select "install zip from sdcard"
4. Select "choose zip from sdcard"
5. Navigate to "EXECUTIVE_RED.zip" and select.
6. Let the file install.
7. Reboot your phone. May take a few moments because services.jar needs to make some changes to text colors.
8. Most importantly, ENJOY!

ADW and Launcher Pro themes aren't true themes. They change icons, wallpaper and maybe your Google search bar. But they don't theme notification bars, widgets, setting windows and so on. So when he posts this is for "stock Droid X" he means stock setup without a ROM. But you still need to be rooted to install it :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

csk415

Reaction score
@CM8... ok now i get it. How does someone get back to the stock theme if they wanted to switch back?
@OP.... dont want to hijack your thread so if you want me to ask questions somewhere else just say so.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@CM8... ok now i get it. How does someone get back to the stock theme if they wanted to switch back?
@OP.... dont want to hijack your thread so if you want me to ask questions somewhere else just say so.

Best way to go back to stock is to make a backup of stock before you do anything else.
Then, after flashing the theme, if you decide you don't like it, or it causes problems, you can always revert back to what you had previously and all will be good again.

I have no issues with you asking questions about theming or its process in this thread. I don't consider it hijacking. Everybody has to start somewhere :)
If you need any other help with theming or rooting...feel free to ask or take a look around. There's a bunch of helpful threads on these forums. :)

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hey man, aswome theme job everything is real crisp and nice. and it ported over well to darkslide using wugfresh port tool.. just a quick question, is there a website i can go to to get the launcher pro icons u have or would i need to custom make them??

Here ya go:
MINIMAL TEXT CLEAN

They are made by Manup456! All credit to him!

Hot Damn that looks good!! Well Done Sir!!!

You should be honored. You just got complimented by the BGILL55! Its like a celebrity following you on twitter =P.

Hahahaha. Bgill is my mentor and personal good friend. Been working with him for over a year now. Taught me probably...95% of what I know about theming.
Really great guy indeed!
But thanks for complimenting on his compliment :p

PS....links are back up and screenshots now showing.

csk415

Reaction score
#carlz28.... so I need to make a nandroid backup defore i do anything?
Forgot to say thanks

HelpeRX

Reaction score
RE

HAHAAH ya great job though cmon man wheres the liberty version!!!! I cant wait.

mrsdouce

Reaction score
A little help for a noob...please?

I have rooted my dx and have done a nandroid backup. Do I need to deodex to flash this theme? I can't seem to find info. that makes sense to me.

I am on the stock rom.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sweet theme...any more colors coming...and also, will they be coming to d2 since I know some roms will work for d2 and dx

Sent from my DROID2

mrsdouce

Reaction score
I would if I were you..... just to be on the safe side:)

Okay, I've been trying to find info on this but it all seems conflicting. I just want to fash this them to my stock rom. No custom roms for me just yet. How do I deodex? I have done searches but I keep finding info. that seems really complicated. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. IDK

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
There is a. Zip file on this website somewhere that is a stock xeodexing file. See if the developer for the theme knows hows how.. I'm sorry..... but I' m in the same boat as you. Kinda new myself......

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this thread to let others know I plan on having this theme ported to Gingerbread by the end of this week.
A little bit different way to theme some things in Gingerbread are giving me some issues. Nothing impossible, just more time consuming in trying to find everything as Moto has moved quite a bit into different areas of the system.

Stay tuned! :)

puck3511

Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this thread to let others know I plan on having this theme ported to Gingerbread by the end of this week.
A little bit different way to theme some things in Gingerbread are giving me some issues. Nothing impossible, just more time consuming in trying to find everything as Moto has moved quite a bit into different areas of the system.

Stay tuned! :)

Please theme the widgets?!

bL33d

Reaction score
Sweet this theme looks great what color are u gonna make the splash burst when scrolling...?