[Theme] - BNB (Black and Bold) For Eclipse 0.4

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To begin... make a backup 1st.... not responsible for damages while left in the parking garage.. enjoy the game!

This theme was made with permission of "thebowers". It's his creation. I brought it into GB land for the X2. I don't know if I did everything he did but I can tell you that I have made image edits galore for resizing purposes and to get all the new GB images not yet themed. I have also edited the crap out of a lot of xml's so things should work 100% smoothly out of the box. I have also incorporated some inverted apps which, I had nothing to do with. Credit there goes to thebowers, ecsnead and B-Boy. I themed the Phone and I started on the other 2 but, then, I saw someone else already did pretty much the same thing. So, I just used that. No need to waste time. That would be bouchigo. You can find him on rootzwiki. I also made a few apps myself because once I got going on 0.2.2, I got carried away.

Also, I changed the boot animation. It matches the theme oh so well. Credit there goes to Versatile1 because he made it.

Before we begin, I will list all the apps I have included. For ease of use, I highly recommend getting rid of any app on the list from your phones data folder first. For example, if you downloaded Facebook from the market, remove it from your data folder. Not saying you HAVE TO, just putting it out there if you run into issues, you know how to fix them.

Also for the market... this one you do HAVE to do... First, verify that you DO NOT have a vending app in \data\app!!!!! If you do this will not install!!! You will need to uninstall updates before flashing... Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>"ALL" tab>Market>Uninstall Updates

Will it break your phone if you don't do that? No, it just won't install a market... at all!

Lastly, I have taken the time to guide every .9.png file in the framework and in every app I touched. What this means to you.... If you want to make other changes, everything will decompile and recompile without error. Of course you need to add the dependencies if your editing systemui or settings but thats a blur thing. Not something I did.

Now.. onto the part anyone actually cares about..

The theme is located here.... No.. over there ----> ok its actually back there <------

If you see any issues or think of anything else to add let me know.

Here's whats included

framework
SystemUI
Calculator
Camera
Contacts
Dialer
Phone
Facebook (Inverted)
Gallery3D
Gmail (Inverted)
Google Quick Search (Inverted)
Keyboard (updated from 2.2 to be darker)
Settings (Inverted)
GTalk (Inverted)
Market (Inverted)
Google Voice (Inverted)

Some of these apps will be called dark or black in the app drawer. Example: Facebook = Dark Facebook

Screenshots:

http://dc423.***********/img/X_sh5InJ/s3/screen_20110829_2141.png http://dc424.***********/img/_8fMQpvV/s3/screen_20110829_2141_1.png

http://dc389.***********/img/cMse0Y8H/s3/screen_20110829_2142.png http://dc399.***********/img/aYKrxhGQ/s3/screen_20110829_2142_1.png

http://dc172.***********/img/S3BYir4g/s3/screen_20110829_2143.png http://dc169.***********/img/hKq9uc7z/s3/screen_20110829_2145.png

http://dc317.***********/img/qs_5ak6u/s3/screen_20110829_2149.png http://dc338.***********/img/KShJhCK2/s3/screen_20110829_2149_1.png

http://dc281.***********/img/Hjyroaq4/s3/screen_20110829_2150.png http://dc249.***********/img/fBrUIsxD/s3/screen_20110829_2150_1.png

A scren of something didn't come out.. don't know what it was but.. im sure it looked pretty good :)

Last edited:

smackdaddy35

Reaction score
X thank you for all of your hard work will report any issues that I may have but so far my X2 is rocking!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks man. glad you like it.

jim2244

Reaction score
fixed my problem and looks absolutely stunning, great job

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SWEET! Glad you like it and darn glad your settings is rocking like it should.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Is there a special order or trick to install this theme

arare if you I tried everything to install this except start over and install after the rom without rebooting in between. I keep getting installation aborted.

At this point I just want the framework and UI installed I have all my widgets done is that why ?

If you think that is why i'll start over but this time I have the phone running smooth with all installed but framework and the UI file whatever its called :). I dont know why the X2 is such a pain for me to theme framework.

I started clean last night with sbf to 2.2 then I let phone update to nonrooted GB. Then I used the droid3 oneclick to root it then I manually installed all my themed widgets. thats how i've had to do every rom i've tried on this phone so far. every time I try to touch framework it either aborts as its been doing on this rom or I end up in bootloop. I dont understand why. I posted all 7 of my launcher pro screen on your other post if you see a widget anyone would like I can share if anyone wants just ask. I did my system [power control] as the bowers did on his older themes.

Not sure if thats what caused the whole aborted thing but I did try before I touched that since I saved it unthemed as well.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated since Im at a lose to why I cannot seem to touch framework myself. Im sure im doing somehting wrong or in wrong order most likely but i'll keep phone as is for another day or so hope someone has an idea before I start over again

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On GB the frame, systemUI, settings and (on Moto) blur apps are very finicky characters. I don't know what that one click root does but it obviously has to change something somewhere to get you root access. I don't know about anyone else but, that's not how I rooted my phone.

I SBF'd to 2.2. I then ran Gingerbreak to root the phone. I then installed the bootstrap system recovery. Then, installed p3droids pre rooted GB. Then the Eclipse ROM then my theme.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also..MAD... letting the OTA GB on your phone will kill your root. You can still the the superuser stuff but, it's my understanding that many thnigs no longer work. Accessing the frame and the systemUI because you installed the OTA GB and lost some root functions could be your issue since those to items would probably be the forst to go.

Too early.... too many typos in one place to fix.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Hello X agian. I have done 3 methods of rooting my X2 and all end up with same results where I cannot touch framework.
As for the OTA this is the only way to root it. IT works on the Droid3 as well since the droid 3 comes with this same gb on it alraedy.

I did not loose root cause I updated without root. I rooted after the OTA was installed. but anyways getting back to your systemUI and framework what is the trick to making it install. I've tried just about every method and I cannot seem to touch framework at all.

If you end up having to start over here's the One click method that works on DX2

If you already have the motorola drivers install all you have to do is make sure you have debugging on then connect phone via usb to pc and put on charge only. Then follow instructions on pc screen watching your phone reboot 2 or 3 times during the process.

EDIT: this is run from pc not from the phone like other 1 click roots.

MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4.zip

This is the easiest root for the DX2 so far. This is the best way for anyone that took the OTA and does not want to mess with sbf. If you need help I can try to help anyone that asks politely.

Last edited:

Esper

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanx again for the great work.... only simi issue I have is that my Droid forum app isn't themed like your screen shot shows but no big deal I can live with out it

jim2244

Reaction score
Hey first bug I found was adding a contact and make new is blank idk if its just me or not

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Droid Forums you have to go into settings and selelct a dark theme,

MAD.. I was saying, maybe try sbf'ing and installing the pre root GB instead of the OTA one.

jim.. adding a contact and making a new one is in fact blank. There are a couple other issues with the "phone" app. Now I wish I would have made it myself. I will fix any and all phone app issues. Eh.. after I go to BW3's and eat lunch :)

SlimMan,.... thank you

jim2244

Reaction score
oops sorry about that i didnt know if it was bnb or eclipse, im never running a rom without your theme its too awesome to not have at all times =p

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Versatile.. I posted this theme over at XDA too. Thought you might like to see one of the comments... "Nice theme, I haven't found anything I don't like. The boot animation is sweet too."