THE STAR WARS DIGITAL MOVIE COLLECTION COMING APRIL 10

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
star-wars-the-digital-movie-collection.jpg

Friday is the big day. You can legally download the Digital versions. The movies will be available globally through retailers like Vudu, Xbox, PlayStation, Google Play, iTunes, Amazon and others.

Vudu is taking pre-orders on the full set for $90 (US) and Google Play shows the individual movies for $20 each. The Blu-ray set is on Amazon for the same price.

In addition, you will get this bonus:

STAR WARS EPISODE I: The Phantom Menace

Conversations: Doug Chiang Looks Back
Discoveries From Inside: Models & Miniatures
Legacy content includes "The Beginning"; The Podrace: Theatrical Edit; plus eight deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE II: Attack of the Clones

Conversations: Sounds In Space
Discoveries From Inside: Costumes Revealed
Legacy content includes "From Puppets To Pixels: Digital Characters In Episode II"; State Of The Art: The Previsualization Of Episode II; and "Films Are Not Released, They Escape"; plus Episode II Visual Effects Breakdown Montage and six deleted scenes.

STAR WARS EPISODE III: Revenge of the Sith

Conversations: The Star Wars That Almost Was
Discoveries From Inside: Hologram & Bloopers
Legacy content includes documentaries "Within A Minute: The Making Of Episode III"; The Journey Part 1; and The Journey Part 2; plus six deleted scenes.

STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A New Hope (20th Century Fox)

Conversations: Creating A Universe
Discoveries From Inside: Weapons & The First Lightsaber
Legacy content includes "Anatomy Of A Dewback"; Star Wars Launch Trailer; plus eight deleted scenes.

STAR WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back

Conversations: The Lost Interviews
Discoveries From Inside: Matte Paintings Unveiled
Legacy content includes "A Conversation With The Masters" (2010); "Dennis Muren: How Walkers Walk"; "George Lucas On Editing The Empire Strikes Back 1979"; and "George Lucas On The Force: 2010"; plus six deleted scenes.

STAR WARS EPISODE VI: Return of the Jedi

Conversations: The Effects
Discoveries From Inside: The Sounds Of Ben Burtt
Legacy content includes "Classic Creatures: Return Of The Jedi"; "Revenge Of The Jedi Teaser Trailer"; Return Of The Jedi Launch Trailer; "It Began TV Spot";
"Climactic Chapter TV Spot"; plus five deleted scenes.

Head over to the official Star Wars Site for more info.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I haven't seen Episodes 1-3 so I might have to jump on this.

Was the original Star Wars movie called A New Hope? I don't seem to remember that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Might just be the perfect excuse for me to have copies of these movies. Love em. Watch em when I can. Might as well have access to watch them when I want. I'm speaking of the original 3, of course, but with the new ones coming down the pike, I wouldn't mind having the whole collection at my disposal.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I haven't seen Episodes 1-3 so I might have to jump on this.

Was the original Star Wars movie called A New Hope? I don't seem to remember that.

It wasn't called that when it was originally released. At release, it was simply called "Star Wars." The film was re-released in 1981 with "Episode IV: A New Hope" added. That's been included in the full title ever since.

Supposedly Lucas wanted to call it "Episode IV: A New Hope" when it was first released, but the studio thought that would confuse people. With the second film, the studio allowed him to go with "Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back." After that, they let him go back and add "Episode IV: A New Hope" to "Star Wars."

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I've heard that Episode IV won't be included due to Fox still owning the rights to it and not Disney. Not sure if this is true or not but since I read it on the internet it has to be true. Nobody would lie on the internet. :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've heard that Episode IV won't be included due to Fox still owning the rights to it and not Disney. Not sure if this is true or not but since I read it on the internet it has to be true. Nobody would lie on the internet. :)

It's not true. :) The release is a joint offering by Disney and Fox, so all of the films - including Episode IV - will be included.

Where the difference lies is with how the digital copy is handled. You'll be able to purchase them on your digital service of choice and access them all there. But the films that Disney is releasing (I, II, III, V, and VI) will also be accessible through Disney's Disney Movies Anywhere Service. This can link your access to Disney digital copies across several services (Vudu, iTunes, Google Play...). Episode IV will not be a part of Disney Movies Anywhere.

So, long story short, Episode IV will only be accessible on the digital platform you buy it from (Vudu, iTunes, Google Play...). The others can be linked to your Disney Movies Anywhere account and will be accessible anywhere you have that account linked to (Vudu, iTunes, Google Play...).

There are rumors that Fox may allow Episode IV to be UltraViolet-enabled, which is completely different than Disney Movies Anywhere, but there's no confirmation of that.